Up-grade

G

Bought new Andara AMD K7 MotherBoard with AMD K7-700 cpu.OLD machine has a PEN.200mmx.With TOBHIBA cd-rom.Model:xm6002B,Yr:1997. All are in a AT-MINI TOWER..//Also up-gradeing from windows 95,to windows 98, started to install windows 98 and found out old motherboard was no good.when I install New Motherboard and REinstall windows 98,will there be any proublem .I do not have the any SOFT WARE for the CD-ROM DRIVE. When the computer was first made I never received the soft ware for the CD-ROM drive.First time doing this,so thank you very much.Johnny,B.

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the only potential problem i see is with your case. most athlon motherboards are atx, not at form factor. are you sure your new motherboard will physically fit? i've never heard of andara so i don't know if it is slotA or socketA but athlons create a good amount of heat. your small case might not have good enough cooling. as far as the cd-rom, a windows 98 boot disk should have the proper drivers for the cd-rom. i don't think you will have a problem there.

TRENDING THREADS