WoW Gaming on Notebook

Chanc

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a laptop to use for school, work, and entertainment. I would like one that can play WoW with ease. I know VERY little about specs and the more technical things about computers. The specific laptop I'm looking at has the following specs: VISION technology from AMD with 2.9GHz AMD Phenom II dual-core mobile processor N640; 6GB DDR3 RAM; 640GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive with ProtectSmart hard drive protection;ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 switchable graphics with 512MB DDR3 RAM, up to 3197MB total memory. How would WoW play on that? Also, can I use the wireless internet at my house to play it or should I connect my laptop to the modem/router?

Thanks!

Samthenoob

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
I've played wow for 2 years on a notebook with an Athlon x64 processor and only 2 gigs of ram. I played on low settings and only had to quit when cata was released. I think the notebook you're looking at will most likely play the game on fair to medium settings but honestly idk. I do know though that wow is more CPU intensive and if its in your budgets go with a laptop with an i5 in it or a phenom x4.