Sign in with
Your question

Crysis - black screen on startup?

Last response: in Video Games
April 3, 2011 11:51:53 AM

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble running Crysis (the original) on my laptop. I know it's better to use PCs for gaming but my laptop has pretty good specs so I would've thought it'd be okay.

Problem:
When I start Crysis up, it simply goes to a black screen. No sound, no visuals. I usually end up having to go to the task manager and close the program manually.

I've tried the "Crysis 64bit" option too but that had the same problem.

Laptop specs:
Intel Core i3-350M
NVidia Geforce GT 325M / 1GB DDR3
15.6" HD 1366x768 screen
DDRIII 4GB
500GB hard drive
RF: 802.11 b/g/n
Windows 7 Home Premium edition

If someone could help me understand what's going on and how to fix it, that'd be great!
April 3, 2011 2:00:30 PM

That could be your problem. Do you have the latest drivers installed for your video card ? When you go to the task manager, do you see 'Crysis.exe Not Responding' ?
Furthermore, that laptop you have, isn't that good to play games like Crysis. But still, it should have opened.
Related resources
April 3, 2011 4:35:49 PM

First thing I would recommend is clean install of any graphics hardware, utilising the latest drivers available from the manufacturor.
April 5, 2011 7:39:24 PM

Yep, not responding.

I've downloaded and installed the latest nVidia drivers, but that hasn't helped. By clean install, do you mean uninstalling the old driver then reinstalling the new one?
April 5, 2011 7:46:18 PM

is this crysis on STEAM?
April 6, 2011 5:22:02 AM

Sheng said:
Yep, not responding.

I've downloaded and installed the latest nVidia drivers, but that hasn't helped. By clean install, do you mean uninstalling the old driver then reinstalling the new one?

Yes, did you do that, uninstalling and reinstalling the new drivers I mean.( clean install)
!