Scanner (HP Officejet 6210xi All-in-one

Status
Not open for further replies.

breno8

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
i bought a new computer and it came with a Windows 7 - 64 bit installed. Attaching the USB cable of the Officejet 6210xi makes the printer work but not the scanner. I do not know what to do but I tried hard to find a solution.

breno8

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010

=====================================================================
Dear Saint 19,
I am grateful to you for your help. Actually I have tried this solutions a couple of times with no success. later I as able to wake my scanner somehow and am using it after a long period trying and trying.
Many thanks. Breno.

ElaineO

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
If you're still having the problem with your Officejet 6210xi All-In-One, I had the same problem and finally Microsoft emailed me that I needed to install the Drivers for the Officejet 6500.

This allows you to use the scanner in Windows but you cannot use the HP Document Manager and Resource Center.
You will also then have to not allow HP to update the drivers for the 6210xi. Just stick with those 6500 model's drivers.

It works for me. I just use the Windows Fax and Scan program to do all my scanning.
To learn about it there are also articles at Microsoft for Windows 7 showing "How to Scan in Windows 7 without Using HP Software" as well as other copies of these instructions in many links on the web. Try googling this How to phrase and you should see plenty of copies out there if you can't find it at Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS