Problems accessing webcam from browser...

I've turned on port forwarding on my linksys wireless routing to the
appropriate internal IP address (which I've set to a static
192.x.x.x). I'm assuming at this point that I just need to type in the
external ip of my dsl router and that it should forward me to my
internal webcam app. Is this wrong? Do I need to type something else
in the url like a ip/port combo : 100.200.300.400:50. The camera I own
is a Q-See. It uses ports 1159 and 1259. I've setup port forwarding on
the linksys router. Do I have to type something else into the URL?

Thanks,

Jason

Mannytmoto wrote:
> I've turned on port forwarding on my linksys wireless routing to the
> appropriate internal IP address (which I've set to a static
> 192.x.x.x). I'm assuming at this point that I just need to type in the
> external ip of my dsl router and that it should forward me to my
> internal webcam app. Is this wrong? Do I need to type something else
> in the url like a ip/port combo : 100.200.300.400:50. The camera I own
> is a Q-See. It uses ports 1159 and 1259. I've setup port forwarding on
> the linksys router. Do I have to type something else into the URL?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

Hi Jason,I think this depends on the cam-app (which I dont know). If you
are behind the same router as the cam while testing, you should try
using the internal IP. Entering my external IP (dynamic one) will result
in getting on my routers webserver, not on my real webserver. (of
course, entering the IP from "outside", will result in visiting my
webserver and not the router's one.

So maybe your application is just running fine at this time? What
happens, if you are entering the external IP?

best regards,

Jens

Might need to forward port 80 tcp. This should allow you to get to the
web configuration.
Enter xxx.yyy.zzz:80 thats : 80

Also some cams need the video and audio ports forwarded for both tcp
and udp