Asus A7V FSB

G

I can't seem to get my Duron 800 past 900. it runs fine at 900 and with extra cooling runs at 39-41c. L1 bridges closed by pencil.
When changing multiplier to 9.5 , the system boots but crashes when windows stars to load. It then stars in safe mode.
Do I need to close the L7 bridges as well

he who shaves has to much time.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you seem to have overclocked it a bit too far at the given voltage. try increasing FSB by 2 MHz steps (A7V supports that, see the BIOS menus), you couls well increase it to 990 by just increasing the FSB to 110 and the multiplier at 9. you may need to increase the core voltage a bit.

L7 bridges do that, and remember you should not close them all at onnce, those represent a binary pattern (closed or not) of 16 combinations for core voltage from 1.45 to 1.85 V in 250 mV (0.25 V) steps, the default is 1.45 for Duron.
Try using the switches/jumpers on A7V to change the core voltage. with increasing core frequency, you may need to increase the core voltage a bit (0.25 V at a time) and look for stability, improving the cooling alongwith this is also a better idea.

Girish

die-hard fans, do not have have heat-sinks!

TRENDING THREADS