Sign in with
Your question

Bioshock CD key activation error

Last response: in Video Games
April 5, 2011 9:11:56 AM

I installed the original BIOSHOCK game for my PC, and I type in the serial number on the back of the manual [correctly, and every time I try activate my game, it says that the process was terminated because the code was incorrect.

I AM TYPING THE CODE IN %*@#ING CORRECTLY! WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM?

The last time I tried playing this game on my other computer, the sound didn't work. I am using Windows 7 HP 64-bit with a Core i7 930, 6GB RAM, and Two HD 5870's in CF. Could there be some kind of incompatibility issue with my OS/software/hardware?

I repeat, I am typing in the serial code/CD key located on the back of the BIOSHOCK instruction manual CORRECTLY. I don't understand why it keeps saying that there is a problem authenticating that my game is not a bootleg. It is a legal copy.

Should I try installing the latest patch for this game?
Anonymous
April 5, 2011 9:51:17 AM

How many times has it been installed before, as far as I know, Bioshock has some pretty crappy DRM crap on it allowing only x amount of installs, are you connected to the internet when trying to activate as well...

Personally, I avoid anything with crap DRM like dog poo on the sidewalk!
April 5, 2011 10:27:43 AM

Disable the internet then type the serial, if that works then contact 2K Games to see if theres a solution. Yep DRM SUCKS.
April 5, 2011 11:54:13 AM

normally i find that i should put a 0 where theres an O, simple i know buy i seem to fall for it a lot...
!