Truth about A7V133 !!??

G

How can you explain 35% better video performance with the A7V over the A7V133 @100Mhz FSB ???

There are still people that don't build computers to overclock and I'm one of them. I wish someone had reviewed the A7V133 @100Mhz FSB before I bought it so as to avoid it like the plague!! I don't have a 133Mhz FSB Duron and I could not find an A7V anywhere so I was forced to buy an A7V133 and now I'm very frustrated with the performance.

If someone is going to write a review of the performance of one motherboard compared to another, shouldn't they run them with all else being equal to get a true index ????

If someone tells me to set BYTE MERGE ON I'll hit them on the head with my useless A7V133 !!!

I have the exact same config. on both machines and I'm using the same hard drive to boot from either machine with a clean install of W98SE and 4in1 and video drivers (no sound, nothing else.)

Please someone write a review of the A7V133 compared to the A7V like it should be!!!! (Tom?)

Frank

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I take it you've had problems with your a7v133. Me too. Win98se runs just ducky, but I finally got all the bugs out of win2k. I've been trying to crash it all day, with little/no success. I can get some graphic glitches from time to time, but nothing that prevents me from playing deus ex while burning cd's. I think revision 1005beta cured a lot of problems, right along with 4-in-1 4.29v. I'm running a gts overclocked with sidebanding, fast writes, and all the other bells/whistles that I can find to turn on. But i've nothing to benchmark it against.

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
you pissed off because you screwed up a bought a 200mhz fsb not a 266mhz fsb chip. That is our own stupid fault don't blame people who do reveiws. In fact if you would have read the review you would have understood the increased preformace came from the 133mhz bus and guess what you need a chip to match that wow what a comcept. Plus the AV7133 should not have been more that $20 more than the av7 so if all you could find was a av7133 why are pissed off agian??
mbaha

“Build your own you will love it more”

G

Hey! If you knew where they sold 750Mhz 133Mhz FSB Durons a month ago then you were the only one!!! Like I said, there are still people that don't overclock and make a hundred tweaks to get 101 FPS instead of 100 FPS in Quake. I don't care as much about the weak performance of the A7V133 as I do unequal comparisons!

Frank

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
If you knew it was a 100fsb chip then why did you expect a performance increase. That’s like saying corvettes suck because I have a 1200 cc 1970 vw bug engine in mine and is slow as hell.
mbaha

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
you must have not downloaded all the newest software drivers because my A7V133 runs like a dream. (Even at normal 200MHz FSB speeds, even though it is at 280 now)

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

dmcmahon

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2001
Mine, too, though I have a 266 MHz FSB on my CPU. Was he claiming that the A7V133 runs slower than the A7V for 200/100 operation? That makes no sense.

G

You all are missing the point! I'm not having any trouble with my A7V133. Anyway, I'm getting over this performance issue but am now considering going to an Intel platform 'cause I'm tired of Chinese products. It's good to vent in these forums isn't it?

Frank

"Playing Quake kills more brain cells than getting drunk"

G

last saturday I built a PC for a friend

originally Duron 700/100FSB

but I didn't care and first booted it with 933/133FSB + max voltage everything that I can get my hands on.

You are like a friend of mine, he got a Athlon 900 screaming about NOT OVERCLOCKING and how good a deal he got etc, and now I got a 1400Mhz Athlon and he goes screaming and shouting not fair etc.

And still goes on saying his is faster than mine etc. Sometimes people are religious and not logical, are you?

lets hope not? you bought a A7V133, alot of people with the old A7V dreams about, do yourself and everyone a favor overclock the dam thing

To be direct, frank and honest, even AMD and VIA and Asus is laughing at whoever got a A7V133 not running on 133FSB on regular chip not specified for it.

Oh yeah, I've got a A7V133 + Athlon 1000 @ 1400Mhz!

for university work! haven't played a single game recently, don't have time :(

Best regards
cx5

G

You people are still missing the point! Read my first post and UNDERSTAND it.

Do you have a problem with being religious and logical? After all, that is what made the United States a great nation!

Frank

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There are plenty of reviews for the a7v133 that test the thing at 100mhz fsb look around the web also try www.anandtech.com if you still think that the board is useless then you can send it to me and I will make it usefull.

SANDMAN

dmcmahon

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2001
You re-read it! I quote:

"How can you explain 35% better performance with the A7V over the A7V133 @100MHz...I wish someone had reviewed the A7V133 at the 100MHz FSB...so as to avoid it like the plague...I could not find the A7V anywhere so I was forced to buy an A7V133 and now I'm very frustrated with the performance."

This implies to me and most readers that you are claiming the A7V outperforms the A7V133 at the 100MHz bus speed. Perhaps you should repost and be more precise if this is not what you're trying to tell us.

G

Can you give me a link to one of the reviews that test the A7V133 at 100Mhz FSB? Thanks.

Frank

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Your fsb is determined by your cpu on that board I still don’t understand why have such a big problem understanding that. Why don’t pick up a pencil and fix it and stop whinning
mbaha

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Here, go to www.anandtech.com then go to the web news page there and do a search for the a7v133 you will get back a slew of reviews.

SANDMAN