Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
I am using the below configuration.

MB: M4N68T-M V2
Processor: 945 Phenom II X4 Processor
RAM: 2 GB DDR3
HDD: 1TB.
Graphics: inbuilt

I am unable to play Crysis 1 with the above config. However, my frn with the same config is able to play the game. Is there any settings I missed out?

Solution
you could try a ATI Radeon hd 5670 it has low power requirements and no PCI connectors or a Nvidia GTS 240 Im guessing low power requirments aswell but these cards are not the best. Please what resolution do you play or try to play at?

FinalDrive

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
You should be able to get decent performance out of a 9800GTX, I think they have lower power requirements now than the hungry dual 6-pin PCI-E power version I had.

I can't even run Crysis 1 in Win7, fully patched the stupid thing runs for about 2 minutes and crashes to the desktop. Warhead I have no trouble with in Win 7, Crysis I have to fall back to XP to play, it's annoying.

Please verify....

What that is telling me is that your 450w PSU can only provide 120w on the 12v rail. That's pretty weak for a 450w PSU considering that the two components with the biggest power draw on the 12v rail are the CPU and the video card.

You listed 5 voltages, but you listed 6 currents.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
you could try a ATI Radeon hd 5670 it has low power requirements and no PCI connectors or a Nvidia GTS 240 Im guessing low power requirments aswell but these cards are not the best. Please what resolution do you play or try to play at?

Solution

dickysolo

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Thanks all for your reply.....

yesterday only bought another new 2 GB DDR3 (total 4GB now) and one ATI Radeon 5450 (MSI) 1GB DDR3. The card was suggested by a friend depending on my budget.....

I am able to play Crysis now. I know it is still very low. Will upgrade in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.