Sign in with
Your question

My Splinter cell conviction isnt working

Last response: in Video Games
April 5, 2011 10:38:36 PM

I bought splinter cell conviction on Ebay a while ago. And I have it now, but it won't work on my laptop. It works on my brothers one but its really slow. Can anybody help me? :pfff: 
April 5, 2011 11:31:25 PM

I appears your laptop is not powerful enough to play this game.

Please supply us with the specifications of your system and we can give more advice.
April 6, 2011 5:30:28 AM

evilgenius is right.

As he had listed, list the specs of your laptop.
It could work on your brother's maybe because he has a better video card than you do. Furthermore, Splinter Cell Conviction is poorly optimized for the PC. It struggles to run even on high end video cards.
Related resources
April 11, 2011 1:18:14 PM

The optimization in that game is pretty crappy. I have dual gtx 260s which were unable to get 60 frames per second constantly when maxed out in that game. I had to tone down graphics settings just to get the game to run smoothly. Imo, that's pretty ridiculous. For a game like splinter cell, I should be able to get 60 fps. I get constant 60fps in crysis 2 without problems. Splinter cell is just crappily optimized on pc....
April 25, 2011 12:27:57 AM

boutt1 said:
I bought splinter cell conviction on Ebay a while ago. And I have it now, but it won't work on my laptop. It works on my brothers one but its really slow. Can anybody help me? :pfff: 

Hi.

sorry for the delay, but it took ages to get my dad to look at my laptop

The specification of my laptop is as follows,

Unit: HP Probook 5320m

Processor

Intel Core i3 CPU M370 @ 2.40GHz
32-bit OS (windows 7)
4MB RAM installed (2.92 GB usable)

Display LGD0218
Resolution 1366x768
refresh rate 60Hz

thanks
April 25, 2011 4:12:23 AM

Looks like you don't have a GPU. That's the problem, you see, first of all, you need a very good GPU in order to run the game with decent FPS. The game, as stated, is very and when I mean very, I mean VERY poorly coded!

4MB RAM ? You mean 4 GB ? That is good, but looks like you can only use 2.92 GB as you have a 32 bit OS. And the Core i3. Well, if you want to play the game I'd recommend you get something better like a desktop PC.
a c 406 D Laptop
April 25, 2011 4:38:33 AM

The system requirements are too high for you to be able to play on your laptop.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27227947

Quote:

Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core2 Duo or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon X2 64
RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, Windows 7
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c–compliant video card (512 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c–compliant sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive Space: 10 GB
Peripherals Supported: Mouse, keyboard, headset, 12-button gamepads with analog sticks
Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / 7900 / 8 / 9 / GTX series
ATI RADEON X1800 / X1900 / HD 2000 / HD 3000 / HD 4000 / HD 5000 series
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT.

Next time you buy a game you need to pay attention to the system requirements.
April 25, 2011 11:17:17 PM

Gman450 said:
Looks like you don't have a GPU. That's the problem, you see, first of all, you need a very good GPU in order to run the game with decent FPS. The game, as stated, is very and when I mean very, I mean VERY poorly coded!

4MB RAM ? You mean 4 GB ? That is good, but looks like you can only use 2.92 GB as you have a 32 bit OS. And the Core i3. Well, if you want to play the game I'd recommend you get something better like a desktop PC.

Thanks very much for your reply
!