Sign in with
Your question

My Splinter cell conviction isnt working

Last response: in Video Games
April 5, 2011 10:38:36 PM

I bought splinter cell conviction on Ebay a while ago. And I have it now, but it won't work on my laptop. It works on my brothers one but its really slow. Can anybody help me? :pfff: 
April 5, 2011 11:31:25 PM

I appears your laptop is not powerful enough to play this game.

Please supply us with the specifications of your system and we can give more advice.
m
l
April 6, 2011 5:30:28 AM

evilgenius is right.

As he had listed, list the specs of your laptop.
It could work on your brother's maybe because he has a better video card than you do. Furthermore, Splinter Cell Conviction is poorly optimized for the PC. It struggles to run even on high end video cards.
m
l
Related resources
April 11, 2011 1:18:14 PM

The optimization in that game is pretty crappy. I have dual gtx 260s which were unable to get 60 frames per second constantly when maxed out in that game. I had to tone down graphics settings just to get the game to run smoothly. Imo, that's pretty ridiculous. For a game like splinter cell, I should be able to get 60 fps. I get constant 60fps in crysis 2 without problems. Splinter cell is just crappily optimized on pc....
m
l
April 25, 2011 12:27:57 AM

boutt1 said:
I bought splinter cell conviction on Ebay a while ago. And I have it now, but it won't work on my laptop. It works on my brothers one but its really slow. Can anybody help me? :pfff: 

Hi.

sorry for the delay, but it took ages to get my dad to look at my laptop

The specification of my laptop is as follows,

Unit: HP Probook 5320m

Processor

Intel Core i3 CPU M370 @ 2.40GHz
32-bit OS (windows 7)
4MB RAM installed (2.92 GB usable)

Display LGD0218
Resolution 1366x768
refresh rate 60Hz

thanks
m
l
April 25, 2011 4:12:23 AM

Looks like you don't have a GPU. That's the problem, you see, first of all, you need a very good GPU in order to run the game with decent FPS. The game, as stated, is very and when I mean very, I mean VERY poorly coded!

4MB RAM ? You mean 4 GB ? That is good, but looks like you can only use 2.92 GB as you have a 32 bit OS. And the Core i3. Well, if you want to play the game I'd recommend you get something better like a desktop PC.
m
l
a c 456 D Laptop
April 25, 2011 4:38:33 AM

The system requirements are too high for you to be able to play on your laptop.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27227947

Quote:

Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core2 Duo or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon X2 64
RAM: 1.5 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, Windows 7
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c–compliant video card (512 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c–compliant sound card
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive Space: 10 GB
Peripherals Supported: Mouse, keyboard, headset, 12-button gamepads with analog sticks
Internet Connection: Broadband Internet connection

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / 7900 / 8 / 9 / GTX series
ATI RADEON X1800 / X1900 / HD 2000 / HD 3000 / HD 4000 / HD 5000 series
Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT.

Next time you buy a game you need to pay attention to the system requirements.
m
l
April 25, 2011 11:17:17 PM

Gman450 said:
Looks like you don't have a GPU. That's the problem, you see, first of all, you need a very good GPU in order to run the game with decent FPS. The game, as stated, is very and when I mean very, I mean VERY poorly coded!

4MB RAM ? You mean 4 GB ? That is good, but looks like you can only use 2.92 GB as you have a 32 bit OS. And the Core i3. Well, if you want to play the game I'd recommend you get something better like a desktop PC.

Thanks very much for your reply
m
l
!