the game essassing streets is the game i want to play without internet
April 6, 2011 3:19:41 PM

Never heard of that game before!

Did you mean 'Assassins Creed'??
m
l
April 8, 2011 2:14:51 AM

essassing streets? ROFLMAO!
If you are referring to Assassin's Creed like the previous poster stated, then you have to be online to play it. At least that's what I read a long time ago.

m
l
Related resources
April 8, 2011 2:49:11 AM

Can't believe I just Googled "essassing streets" lol guess where the first link directs you? lol
m
l
April 8, 2011 6:07:50 AM

My google search resulted in the same outcome! :) 

Irony, at its best!
m
l
April 12, 2011 9:01:30 PM

So if you by assisins creed you have to have an internet connection to play WTF lol thats crazy.
m
l
April 13, 2011 7:34:33 AM

cburke82 said:
So if you by assisins creed you have to have an internet connection to play WTF lol thats crazy.

Surprised? More and more games are like that these days.
m
l
April 13, 2011 3:42:09 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Surprised? More and more games are like that these days.

So let me get this straight. I buy a one player game and install it, my internet goes out and I cant play my single player game that I have a disk for and have installed on my PC and entered a CD KEY? If it ever gets to the point that most of the PC games are like that ill sell my pc and go back to console gaming thats crazy. :fou: 
m
l
April 14, 2011 8:14:03 AM

You've about summed it up, yes. It's an attempt at preventing piracy which causes more headaches for people that buy the game than those that pirate it.
m
l
April 14, 2011 12:27:09 PM

I have to say that the only thing from me dropping my "house" internet connection is having to "log on" to merely get my games to run. What a great injustice to the users. Be nice to go back to the old ways so I can get my "walk around" phone/internet hand held device.
m
l
April 14, 2011 1:42:28 PM

swifty_morgan said:
I have to say that the only thing from me dropping my "house" internet connection is having to "log on" to merely get my games to run. What a great injustice to the users. Be nice to go back to the old ways so I can get my "walk around" phone/internet hand held device.

I don't quite follow. Can you elaborate a bit?
m
l
April 14, 2011 2:25:40 PM

I want to ditch my cable internet and get a mobile phone/internet device but can't because i need an internet connection to run some of my friggin games.
m
l
April 14, 2011 2:45:14 PM

i'm absolutely disgusted with how games require either the steam client or some other internet connection to play in offline mode. its sad that the only way would be to resort to methods stated in this post. as another poster stated, i too have been playing console more and more if only because they just work.

when companies start to wise up, i'll start buying pc games again (if anyting comes out that is actually good, but thats another story). piracy is no excuse to punish your loyal customers.
m
l
April 14, 2011 7:28:44 PM

You would think that the DRM would be like... oh, no internet, I guess they can't use a torrent download!

But anyway yeah Assassin's Creed has the worst DRM to date... unfortunately this is about the only time a crack might be legit, although the irony is you would have to download it... without internet...
m
l
April 14, 2011 7:39:40 PM

wolfram23 said:
You would think that the DRM would be like... oh, no internet, I guess they can't use a torrent download!

But anyway yeah Assassin's Creed has the worst DRM to date... unfortunately this is about the only time a crack might be legit, although the irony is you would have to download it... without internet...

I really don't see how thats legal, that they can sell you a game that does not require internet to play and then prevent you from playing it if your internet goes down. I feel there pain as far as people getting there product for free that sucks but all this does it mess with people who will pay for the game. If I install this game from a friends disk then go get a crack Im good and my friends internet goes down hes the one who paid for the game and he cant play it lol WTF
m
l
April 14, 2011 7:56:05 PM

cburke82 said:
I really don't see how thats legal, that they can sell you a game that does not require internet to play and then prevent you from playing it if your internet goes down. I feel there pain as far as people getting there product for free that sucks but all this does it mess with people who will pay for the game. If I install this game from a friends disk then go get a crack Im good and my friends internet goes down hes the one who paid for the game and he cant play it lol WTF

To be honest I thought they listed an internet connection as required. But upon looking up the specs, you're right. They didn't advertise it. That should not be legal, then.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7...
m
l
April 14, 2011 9:34:29 PM

wolfram23 said:
To be honest I thought they listed an internet connection as required. But upon looking up the specs, you're right. They didn't advertise it. That should not be legal, then.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7...

I say theft is part of every business unfortunately. If you own a store you will have some stuff stolen and that gets thrown into what you charge your customers :( . So them doing all this crazy DRM stuff would be like Best Buy selling you a PS3 and saying you have to have a connection over the internet to best buy so they can make sure it was purchased correctly. So the people who stole the PS3 would just mod it as a workaround and if they bricked the PS3 meh they didnt pay for it anyway. Being that this DRM stuff always gets a work around anyway you would think they would make more money shipping encrypted disks, that would stop novice users from copying the disk at least. That would have to be 10 times cheaper than what there doing and yes they would still have games pirated but there over head would be lower to compensate and there paying customers would be much much happier. This pisses me off but im glad I use steam I guess it seems to work just fine in offline mode as long as the game doesnt need an update.
m
l
April 14, 2011 10:07:16 PM

It's surprising how a thread like this turned out to have such a sensible convo lol
m
l
!