Racing games: keyboard vs. steering wheel?

Hi, I tried playing NFS Shift 2 Unleashed today with a keyboard, and did pretty bad. Do I need to hook up a steering wheel to play this game better? The last game I played WITH a keyboard is Burnout Paradise, I did okay on that game. I have a Logitech G25, and won't mind hooking it up if it means playing NFS better on it.
4 answers Last reply
More about racing games keyboard steering wheel
  1. Yes, steering wheel is pretty much the only way to play NFS or any of those games.

If you have a G25 why would you even bother not using it with a driving game? Sad story here.. my wife beat NFS Underground before I did, woman was addicted to that game. Bought a wheel just for it.

Actually you just made me want to dig up my wheel up from the basement and set it up again, my 5 yr old would love driving I bet.
  2. Racing are probably the only games i'd say you NEED to play on console, or with a non-standard PC controller (like a wheel) because keyboards don't have force-feedback. I played a few races of GRID on pc a while back, it's like if you went out for a drive and only could turn hard left or hard right at any given time lol.
  3. Why would you try play with a keyboard when you have a G25 kicking around?
  4. This post reminds me of a review by someone on a popular site. He complained that he couldn't control his car properly because his xbox controller wouldn't work right with the game. Only a MORON would buy a racing game and expect a keyboard or an xbox controller to give you any satisfaction while trying to drive. Get a wheel and don't look back.
Ask a new question

Read More

Steering Wheel NFS Games Keyboards Video Games