Using a 52" LCD / plasmaTelevision for a PS3 Screen

Bobby_01

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Hello,
I have 52" LCD and Plasma Televisions that my son uses to play his PS3 Games on. Will it negatively affect either screen to use them for his PS3 Gaming?

G

This topic has been moved from the section Business Computing to section Video Games by Grumpy9117

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
If you're referring to 'burn in' problems, as long as the TV isn't being used for extremely long sessions it'll be ok. I guess your son doesn't/ won't play for more than 1-3 hours at a stretch? Even if he were to go on for 5-6 hours (though I have doubts!), it won't be an issue.

Burn in won't be an issue unless you're leaving a static image there for well over a day straight, so to say. Even then, most of them are pretty good with that kind of thing these days. Burn in won't be a problem as it does take a while for the images to actually burn in and the screen has to be left on the same thing.

Purely from a gaming perspective, keep in mind that a plasma will cause alot of glare if there is alot of light in your room.

G

I play on my 50" Panasonic Plasma, and to be honest, I take a break every 30 minutes or so to prevent this from happening,most games do not have a static image, but some do like health displays and huds, but then most sky channels have annoying channel icons showing permanently, and we have press the red button logo burnt in on our 4 yr old 42" plasma! so what the hell, go for it!