Votes: 10 55.6%
  • DC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • City of Heros/Villains

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dungeons and Dragons

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
I started playing Rift recently and see this as one of the greatest games I've ever played. I played SWG back in the day (2004-2005)and thought it was a unique concept that needed some work.

So I thought I'd put the question out. What is the best MMORPG?

If I left any biggies out, I apologize.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Coming from somebody who is getting a bit board of wow whats rift all about? Hows the community bugs and what not? I wish they had a demo like wow does...do they lol?

easymark26

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

Rift: Community varies from server to server, the trick is finding some good players and adding them to friends list just like in WOW pre dungeon finder. I havent had too many issues with bugs at all. I got stuck on terrain once and had to /unstick my self.
They dont offer a 10 day demo, but what they do have are friends play free weekends (the last 2 weekends) and players get a code they can use to download the client and I think its actually good for like 7 days or 4 days or something.
Typically you can find them on some different sites. could probably google free rift codes and come up with a useable one.
I dont think the ones I had are good anymore.

Here is the problem with Rift, it is a lot like WOW, but a smaller world, its not crowded, but it promotes world pvp.
I like Rift a lot more than my friends have, but I still play WoW as well.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

So if im the type that does not like PVP because I suck and dont have the time to get better lol does that mean I would have an issue with PVP in RIFT? Basicly in PVP type situations I end up getting owned by players that play alot more than me and so will I be getting raped often wile plaing rift?

easymark26

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

I guess in your case I would suggest playing on a PVE server, also its hard to get just stomped by lots of classes in Rift, there are so many different abilities and there arent a whole lot of classes that have lots of burst damage or can just straight up stun and trash you.
( I actually play on a PVP server but it works different than wow, because you can chat with opposing faction players, so sometimes the higher levels will grief you, but you will find that lots of even level opposing faction guys might even ask for help from you. like closing a rift or something of that nature. )
there are great rewards from pvp Warfronts (think Battlegrounds from WoW)

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Well maybe ill troll google for a free weekend code then lol thanks :)

what about Ragnarok Online, Phantasy Star Online and Guild Wars? Your poll is very close minded... Either pick a time period to go with it (ie released in last 5 years) or you will have to list well over 100 games...
or specify that those are the ones you have played on, and you wish to know what other people thought about them.
Saying what is the best MMORPG while having measly 10 titles there is very short sighted.

I can tell you right now that based on the poll you created you don't have to wait till May, WoW will be the winner.

traviskane

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Concerning Rift...

I haven't played it. I've been waiting for others to give the game a try first. Glad I did.

A WoW guild I was in (back when I was playing, I've been on hiatus since Wotlk ended), had about five founding memebers that decided to leave WoW and go over to Rift. For about two weeks, they loved it. Got to end game, and decided to turn around and come back.

From everying I've read, and heard from them, it's a good game. It's just not as "solid" as WoW is. But honestly, what game is? I mean, Blizzard is going to do whatever it takes to stay on top. They've got more resources behind WoW than any other MMORPG can hope to have any time soon.