Best way to get acceptable fps in Metro 2033?

Cashondeliveri

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
I wanna know what settings i should be using to get 60+ frames average in metro 2033, with less i have a hard time playing any first-person shooter.

Some info: my rig is a i5 2500k, with a 570 gtx and 8 gb ram. Running in 1920 x 1200 (native) on very high settings with aaa and af 4x. I'm running dx11, but disabled DoF since i read somewhere it took a huge chunk out of my framerate (and it really helped). Still only getting around 45 frames average.

Could someone give me some tips as to how to increase framerate, but loosing as little as possible of the eye candy. Not sure what's best, disabling dx11, using high settings instead or what. I'm not a computer expert so if someone has any tips that requires altering game files and such it would have to be simple to do.

Also, does anyone know how to remove the splash screens when starting the game? I can't seem to skip them.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I guess you have a keen eye I can play at 45 FPS just fine. I guess I would turn off tessilation next. See what that does then if that doesnt get it smooth to your standards guess youll have to drop down to high settings or possibly leav it at very high and drop the res one step

G

Metro is a Hrd core game on the GPU, you want more fps, get better GPU, 45FPS on your settings is good, I mean real good!

SLI 580 or Xfire 6970 is really when you can open the throttle on Metro!