Stutter Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejvogel88

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
Hello,

When I play Crysis 2 it runs like a dream. That is until a few minutes in the game begins to stutter somewhat. Not the FPS per se, but rather when I look around with the mouse, it jumps from point to point.

I have:
Core i5 650 OC'd to 3.84 Ghz
Sapphire HD 5970 (I dont let the temps get over 65-70)
8 Gigs RAM @ 1600 Mhz
Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3500.

I know it isnt overheating, I hope its not bottlenecking, I'm just worried that maybe my mouse (USB plug in Blutooth) may be the probelm.

Also, it seems to occur more in wide open areas, like when I can see a lot of the map ahead of me. (Not all the time though) I had this issue once with this same rig playing Counter Strike: Source, when I could see a huge area of the map (gigantic map that was like a texture city)

Any ideas?

Pc Guru_07

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
Stuttering is quite common with crysis games.Crysis 1 used to stutter in almost all pc.crysis2 is much more optimized but still it sometimes stutter.And your dual gpu card is not helping either.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Although this may not be the solution to your problem, I would recommend that you update your video card drivers. I have encountered HUGE numbers of problems with games that have been solved by simply updating the video card drivers...

the game needs patching, what your getting is the same problem others are getting with there Xfire setups.

Updated 3/29/2011 WORKING BEST FIX!!!
NEW FIX using the Crysis2 profile
Originally Posted by McDo (via guru3d.com)

"This may be the answer to flickering and fps issues. I am running 2x6950's and had to disable crossfire to get rid of flickering. Tried replacing crysis2.exe with rift.exe and bioshock.exe and got crossfire to run but at 50fps! Seems the problem may not be with ATI or Nvidia drivers but with the Crysis 2 ver 1.1 auto update. Open Crysis 2 root file, open backup folder copy Crysis2.exe.bak and rename as Crysis2.exe. Open Bin32 folder (if you are using 64bit OS) and Replace Crysis2.exe file with the one you have just renamed from the backup folder. Seems it works perfectly - running at 90fps no flickering!! Hope it helps you all"

Old fix
1. Make sure you have the latest ATI catalyst application profiles installed
2. Rename crysis2.exe to bioshock.exe (or run under radeon pro with with bioshock profile selected and run in fullscreen)
3. Play!

i dont know if this is a 100% fix/workaround as i dont have Xfire yet. but the feedback on other forums has been positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.