Password remembered, I didn't want that

honsbeek2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
Hi ,

When first installing windows and going to sites like paypal, etc. and entering your password for the first time you get the option to either remember the password or don't ....

So i made the mistake to remember my paypal password on a computer. And now every time i enter my ID the password automatically pops in place... How can I reset this in Windows ???

Thank you
Ralph

TheCh0s3n1

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
Although I am not a user of PayPal, I would imagine that you can make changes in your PayPal account profile in regard to your password. This should include not only being able to change it, but whether or not you want the site to remember that password.

So, go to PayPal's website and then you should be able to take care of it. It's not something you can control within Windows because the site remembers the password per account ID (when entered).

honsbeek2

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
I don't agree, at all
this is a function of windows xp sp1 to remember an entered password on password required sites. Once you have agreed to "Yes" Remember or "No" Remember, there is no way back...

I wish to find a "Way Bac" so to speak ... Of course I could always reinstall windows ... duh ~~~~!!!!

TheCh0s3n1

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
When you opt to have a website "remember" you, they only remember your IP address. This I know is true since I use a laptop. On sites that I have opted for them to "remember" me, I end up having to log in whenever I go to a different wifi hotspot. Whenever I opt to have them "remember" me at home, for instance, I never have to log in. And this is all within Windows XP SP1.

You're getting mixed up with cookie.

I think he has the problem where windows itself has the username / password stored.

Although I can't be bothered to google for your answer - I'm sure it is there, probably via a registary hack.