Abit VP6

G

I read all over the place that VP6 is a GREAT boad. So I bought it and I cant get my KVM switch to work with it (Belkin Omni View SE 4-port, F1D104) I've tryed every thing I can think of to get it to work.

At first my Keyboard would not work for this computer (worked fine on all other computers, just not on VP6 board) I found if I use a standard key board with no specal keys (like the microsoft keyboard) then the keyboard works fine.. But I cant get my mouse to work on this computer. If I plug its own seperate mouse in it works fine. I call Abit and tehy act dumb and give me the run around.

I tryed to ajsut setting in my bios hoping it would fit it, Theres an option about auto asigning resorces to com ports I enabled that and the hole freaking computer would not even display stuff on the screen, I had to open the computer and reset the bios before I could use the computer... so fare I've not been very impressed with this product..

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
VIA has problems alocating IRQ's. Try setting the BIOS to configure your PCI cards instead of the OS ("PNP OS-NO" or "configuration-by BIOS").
A lot of people gave up on building AMD systems because they did not want to use a VIA chipset! So getting one for a PIII is, well, not the best choice.

Suicide is painless...........