Why do I Still need Cd's again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

corrupt_tiki

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007
Ok, so I sometimes use NOCD cracks for games I Play singleplayer, as I cbf'd searching through my collection of games to find the one I want, and put it in the drive <- Yes I do buy my games, and as such I have an ungodly amount of rectangular boxes stacking up..

The problem with this is you can't get the latest patches, unless they crack the latest version.
So I put my hitman:BM cd in and created an image voila! perfect, and I don't have to worry about the condition of my cd.
Tried the same thing with Crysis and It says that the disk is a backup(the image) and to insert the original disk.. back to square one.. (popped in the original and badda bing badda boom, but CD's don't last forever...)

I was just wondering what you guys thought about NOCD cracks and the like, do you use images, and mount/unmount the disks as you go?
And yes steam is great but I dislike buying games through it.. Own a couple, have only had 1 minor problem, which got resolved, but I still dislike buying games through it, do use it though, just no purchases..

Status
Not open for further replies.