Steam.....ehhemm..

hooru

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
wow, so i started having probs with steam. steam wouldnt log on to my account, but if i went to steampowered.com i could log on... i tried a few things but nada.. sooo, i uninstalled steam, and then reinstalled it. now i can log on without any issues. but i didnt even think about if i would need to reinstall my games on steam. turns out, i need to re-dwnld ALL my games on steam. my net is ubur slooowww, so i wnt be doing that for a while, well, untill i get to my budies net. So this brings me to my question..... i know there is probly not nething i can do except re-dwnld all my games, but, y would just reinstalling steam, make me need to re-dwnload all my games??? its not like i uninstalled my games when i uninstalled steam, or did i??

Solution
Have a look for the SteamApps folder, it may have been left behind after you uninstalled the previous version.
If you installed to the default location, each time you have installed it should pick up old game installations automatically.

If you have deleted the entire steam directory then theres a high chance you have lost them all unfortunately.

PCRS

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Have a look for the SteamApps folder, it may have been left behind after you uninstalled the previous version.
If you installed to the default location, each time you have installed it should pick up old game installations automatically.

If you have deleted the entire steam directory then theres a high chance you have lost them all unfortunately.

Solution