Blue Screen Woes after new mobo

G

I have built quite a few systems but this one really has me over a barrel. I owned an Asus A7V but replaced it because of the bios chip was bad. The computer guy talked me into buying the "newer" Asus A7V133. The occasional lock-ups wiht the plain ole A7V were nothing compared to the nightmare trip that the A7V133 supplied. I am receiving blue screen crashes due to VMM(12).
All my hardware has seperate IRQs other than the PCI steering in Windows. I have tried different versions of the 4-in-1 drivers (4.29 and 4.29a). I installed the latest and greatest drivers for all the hardware present on the system but still no avail. Please help this is driving me nutz!! BTW nothing has been overclocked. I have tried running the computer without any of the pci cards present and still gives me the error. I personally think its the Video Card and the Via chip but its just a theory. I haven't seen anyone with my same problem. I appreciate the help and thanks in advance.

Here is my system:
300 watt approved PS
Asus A7V133 with the Via Apollo KT133A Chipset
AMD Athalon 1100 mhz
(2) 128 MB PC-133 micron
Leadtek Winfast Geforce2 GTS 64mb
(2) IBM Deskstar 45GB ATA 100
SB live Value
Linksys 10/100 NIC
52x Cd Rom
MS millenium

Hey,

Bad Mobo dude! get it replaced. That IS the problem no doubt! If you had zero problems before you put in the new mobo with the same cards and drives and then switch to a new mobo and have all sorts of problems, no doubt in my mind that it IS a bad motherboard!

Next time use static protection ;p

G

Are you trying to boot from a Windows installation you created while you had the A7V MB running? I'm not sure but it's possible you're having trouble because Windows is realizing that the MB is different and is getting spooked. I've always heard the recommendation of using a freshly installed OS whenever building a new system (and I think swapping mobos should count in that category).

munkey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
i would tend to agree with atlantix, but instead of completely re-installing the OS. first make sure you have back-ups of all your drivers. shut down you computer and remove everything except your vid card, if you can disable as many of the onboard devices as you can. then go into the device manager (under system in the control panel) and remove everything in there that it will let you, even if it says you need to restart DON'T just keep on removing. when your done removing everything, restart. it will find most of your drivers again but some it might not so you will have to manually re-install them. the point behind doing this is it ill remove all of your H/W associations then re-install only the ones that it needs. then procede to install your other that you removed in the first step devices one at a time.