Lotro barely able to play

holyuo

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Hi, with my pc i'm barely able to get over 30 fps and when I enter new zones my fps drops to 5-10 fps and my screen stops for a few seconds, i'd like to know what would be best to get my lotro playable. A fast usb key to put Lotro Flashboot, a new hard drive, a dual core CPU, mine is a athlon 64 Socket 939, I could put a X2 if anyone knows if it makes any difference or more memory. I bought a new video card and it makes a little difference but it's still lagging when I move around.
Here's my specs , Thanks for helping, and I have around 75$ I could spend right now.

This is the recommended and my pc on can you run it

CPU
Recommended: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better
You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
PASS

CPU Speed
Recommended: 2.8 GHz or equivalent
You Have: 2.2 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.96 GHz
PASS

RAM
Recommended: 1 GB
You Have: 1.7 GB
PASS

OS
Recommended: Windows XP / Vista / 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 32-bit
PASS

Video Card
Recommended: 128 MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 6800 or ATI Radeon X850
You Have: ATI Radeon HD 5670
PASS
Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 1.1 GB
3D Yes Yes
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 5.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0 5.0

Sound Card
Recommended: Yes
You Have: AMD High Definition Audio Device
PASS

Free Disk Space
Recommended: 15 GB
You Have: 22.0 GB
PASS

DVD-ROM
Recommended: Yes
You Have: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U ATA Device
PASS

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
LOTRO can be very graphically demanding as it is very pretty with big open vista's.
You may be passing the minimum requirements but I would say your cpu and memory are holding you back.
The 5670 will give you DX11/DX10 although it isnt a very powerful card and isnt even listed on the toms hw graphics card comparison.
You have an old single core (i think) amd cpu and 1.7 gb of ram which sounds like no dual channel goodness for you. From your stats your are running Windows 7 on 1.7gb ram? A lot of your slowdown could be caching data back to disk due to lack of active memory. Which will also cause that freezing you get when entering a new zone as it loads all that data off hard disk onto your 1.7gb of memory (which is also trying to run windows) I used to run LOTRO smoothly on an Intel E8400, 4GB DDR2 RAM, and a ATI 4870.
It sounds like you dont have access to much money but a good cheap upgrade for you would be something like this -
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/257990 and add 2GB more of ram and your system shouldnt have a prob.

TRENDING THREADS