Sign in with
Your question

Just Got My MSDN Copy of Win 7!

Last response: in Windows 7
October 9, 2009 10:17:06 AM

So I got Win 7 installed and with only minor hassles I got all drivers installed, even the ones that wouldn't work. I eventually one. Now my only problem is Vista. I like it and it works great. I don't think I'm ready to let go because I just paid for the OEM version not even a year ago. Sure, I didn't pay for Win 7, but it feels like I'm throwing money away by not using Vista x64 :( . Anyone else suffer from the same Dilemma?

More about : msdn copy win

October 9, 2009 12:29:15 PM

Nope, I'm triple booting XP, Vista and 7RC so I can compare functionality in all three OSs. I intend to continue triple booting after 7's release until I am convinced that it can do it all and the others are superfluous.
m
l
October 12, 2009 8:53:38 AM

Triple booting must be the new thing. I thought dual booting was the in thing :( . I still have my copy of Win XP 32bit. Maybe I still can triple boot. :) 
m
l
Related resources
October 12, 2009 3:06:08 PM

I bought Vista Ultimate 64bit and used it for about 4 months before I switched to Windows 7 RC1. I kept Vista until we bought my wife a new laptop and opted for the cheapest OS option, and when it arrived we wiped the drive and installed my Vista 64 on it. When Windows 7 comes out in a week or so I'm definitely going to get each of us a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm excited to see what the battery life will look like with Windows 7.
m
l
October 13, 2009 9:50:07 AM

I'll most likely continue to dual boot for the foreseeable future until I get an SSD. Then I'll switch to Win 7 for the TRIM command. That's literally the only thing I am curious about in Win 7. The rest just seems like incremental upgrades, as it should. I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up an SSD in Vista, so I'll keep my mechanical drives spinning until SSDs come down further in price.
m
l
October 13, 2009 6:01:33 PM

Vista is definitely not a bad OS, contrary to popular belief. Win 7 does resolve my connection issues faster that Vista, but so far not too many things different.
m
l
October 13, 2009 7:23:35 PM

Don't feel bad one-shot, I just dumped my paid for OEM Vista x64 for 7, and I like the change. 7 is more convenient, and more responsive, especially when multitasking.
m
l
March 3, 2010 9:09:52 PM

Is there an expiry date for the Windows 7 MSDN version?
m
l
March 4, 2010 5:07:44 PM

nope.

I can get EVERY MS OS ever made from MSDN.

edit: Just chedk.. not every.. Win3.1-Win2008R2(Datacenter)
m
l
!