ASUS A7V133 tmp monitor ??

blacklobo

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
Okay I got this mother board I...I read all the reviews I shoped around...and got the most I could for my money

I also got a Ahlon 1.2GHz(266 front side bus), Globwin 38 cooling fan/heat sink and ArticSilver 2 thermal paste.

And the Asus temp monitor says my CPU is running at 52' And I have not even over clocked this.

What the hell is that about?? Are there temp reading just that off?

G

Well if you read the reviews and searched through this forum, you'd find all kinds of posts that the ASUS Probe software is notoriously wrong. You're probably running more like 45C which isn't bad in my opinion. Try different temp monitoring software. BTW, what kind of cooling do you have for your case. That can make a big difference in temp also.

blacklobo

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
I am using an Antec full tower(SX1040) with 2 80mm fans in the front and 2 80mm fans in the back....with the ones in the front drawing the air into the case and the ones in the back blowing it out.

Thanks for the reaspons...

lrmv

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wow... your PC must make a LOT of noise!

The AsusProbe program adds about 10°C to the bios temperature. This should compensate the fact that the temp sensor does not touch the CPU core.

52°C in AsusProbe is not too bad. My A7V with 1200MHz TB reads about 60°C idle using the FOP32-I cooler. I can add fans to the case but this won't make the temp go down. Currently I just leave the case opened. I have replaced the FOP32-I fan by a 80mm 47CFM Papst fan. I also tried the Delta Black Label fan (the one of the FOP38) but couldn't stand the noise. The 80mm fan is much quieter. I also have 2 80mm fans blowing across the opened side of the case. This way it's certain that the air "inside" the opened case is as cool as the room temp. Making the fans blow in free air also has the advantage that they're much quieter compared to when they're mounted behind a grill.
And believe it or not, in this setup I still get an idle CPU temp of 52°C! CPU temp at 100% load is about 55°C. (temps in asusprobe) (and the cooler is correctly mounted with removed thermal pad and with Arctic Silver applied!)

<i><font color=purple>Running within specs is the key to a stable computer!</font color=purple></i>
<font color=red>LRMV</font color=red>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lrmv on 04/02/01 08:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
The sunnon 80mm fans i've got are quiet (<34dB), and they move quite a bit of air. The delta is nice to have blowing on your vid card, and it gets GOOD results at full power. Having a 80 on the fop32/38 is nice though, compared to the delta. You lose about 2C cooling, and 10dB+ noise.

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
That sounds about right, for asus Probe. You're in the low 40's on the cpu. Make sure the black label is down (toward heatsink), which keeps the fan blowing on the heatsink and not away. Grab the coldest beer you can find, and start overclocking. I'd start with about 100mhz, the 15-20mhz increments from there.