Crysis 2 can i play it

Hello, Hello, AMD phenom x4(quad core)(2.33ghz rated to 4.6 ghz) nvidia 550 ti gtx 3 GB ram
CAN I PLAY CRYSIS 2
17 answers Last reply
More about crysis play
  1. Yeah, But not at the highest settings, what res will you be using?
  2. Yeah it can play the game on HD resolutions , i.e 1680 X 1080 at very High and manage 30-40 FPS. As stated above, what resolution are YOU playing ?
  3. 1280x1000
  4. can u tell me about bulletstorm
  5. thnxx
  6. Bulletstorm as well will run fine on your PC. At good res and settings. But note that it is a huge console port and has only 16 bit textures.
  7. thnxx
  8. HEXiT said:


    I have some problems with the game. They are only 16 bit for me :(
    I tried using the INI editor but no luck.
  9. the problem is your gfx card. you have an 8400 which is actually under minimum spec.
    yes i know its supposed to be better than the 7600 which is minimum spec for the game, but in gaming terms the 8400gs its not.
    yes its an 8 series but its an 8/4 where as the 7 series is a 7/6 the second number is more relevant when it comes to games with the old nvidia naming convention
    in real terms the nvidia 7600 is a gaming card the 8400 is a video card, and although the 7600 is older it actually has more gaming performance.
    7600 gt
    Memory 256MB
    Memory Interface 128-bit
    Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 22.4
    Fill Rate (Billion pixels/sec) 6.7
    Vertices/Second (Millions) 700
    Pixels per clock (peak) 12
    RAMDACs (MHz) 400

    GeForce 8400 GS
    Core Clock (MHz) 567
    Shader Clock (MHz) 1400
    Memory Clock (MHz) 400
    Memory Amount 512MB
    Memory Interface 64-bit
    Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 6.4
    Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 3.6

    as you can see the 7600 has way more bandwidth and double the bitrate add to that double the fill rate and you can see the 8400 has about half the gaming performance of the older 7600 which means in real terms your 8400 is bleow minimum spec to run the game.
  10. Yes you are absolutely right right. My 8400 GS is not a gaming card. I bought this card last year. I had no idea of Graphics cards back then. So I bought this card since I thought any game would run fine, to which I was quite surprised because 8400 GS can't beat even a or 6800 GT. The game runs kind of smooth at first, but then dropped to about 15 FPS in Act 2. I know that a 7600 GT or 7800 GT pounds my 8400 GS anytime. Going to buy a GTS 450 as an upgrade for this. Thanks Hexit :)
  11. good choice. as you only have a dual e7500 you dont want to go to big and overwhelm your cpu with a bottleneck.
    the 450 is a slightly upgraded 98gtx with dx11 architecture... dont expect to much from dx11 but will give great dx10 performance at modest rez.
    just remember you will need a minimum of a 450 watt psu to run it.
  12. HEXiT said:
    good choice. as you only have a dual e7500 you dont want to go to big and overwhelm your cpu with a bottleneck.
    the 450 is a slightly upgraded 98gtx with dx11 architecture... dont expect to much from dx11 but will give great dx10 performance at modest rez.
    just remember you will need a minimum of a 450 watt psu to run it.


    Yeah, I am thinking of going for a Corsair VX 450 W PSU for that. And for the DX11 part, well there isn't much games out there with dx11 for now, and I barely even run games on Dx10 as well :lol:

    I usually play on DX9 and I think this one ( GTS 450 ) would do perfectly. I thought about going for a GTX 460 768 MB, but that would create a bottleneck and I will have to overclock my CPU to 3.5 or 3.7 GHz.

    Thanks again :)
  13. what does (2.33ghz rated to 4.6 ghz) this mean?
  14. alcatraz-10mate said:
    what does (2.33ghz rated to 4.6 ghz) this mean?


    I'd assume it means its overclocked?
  15. no it means nothing really.
    its sales hype for people who dont know about pc's
    basicaly what the seller is doing is telling you that 2.33x2 is the equivalent of a single 4.66 cpu. often they will do this to polish a turd so to speak (sell you an old cpu)

    it is true that you have a total of 4.66ghz to play with but it doesn't mean your cpu is rated at 4.66ghz.
    its rated at 2.33ghz only as not every game and application will use more than 1 core.
    so even if you have my i7 920 @2.66 its only a 2.66ghz cpu not a 10.64ghz cpu.
  16. HEXiT said:
    no it means nothing really.
    its sales hype for people who dont know about pc's
    basicaly what the seller is doing is telling you that 2.33x2 is the equivalent of a single 4.66 cpu. often they will do this to polish a turd so to speak (sell you an old cpu)

    it is true that you have a total of 4.66ghz to play with but it doesn't mean your cpu is rated at 4.66ghz.
    its rated at 2.33ghz only as not every game and application will use more than 1 core.
    so even if you have my i7 920 @2.66 its only a 2.66ghz cpu not a 10.64ghz cpu.


    His CPU is a quad core though?
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Quad Core Crysis Phenom Video Games