Borderlands has no AA? Best way to force it?

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
So im board yesterday and see a Steam sale for borderlands GOTY for $7.50 and think no way thats not a deal. I have this new system I built recently and Im thinking there is no way my rig does not kick this game in the butt. And it does but there is no option for vsync or AA in game. So I go online and figure out how to edit the config file to enable vsync and it works great. The game looks nice with full settings except the shadows look like crap due to no AA. So I force settings with Radeon Pro. And now I have a DX9 game from a few years ago and my OC 6950 is at 25 fps LOL.

Has anybody found a way to enable AA in this game without killing performance or is the coding so bad its just not going to happen???

evilgenius134

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Borderlands uses the Unreal Engine so AA should be easy to perform on it, though it does work much better on Nvidia hardware.

Look for forcing AA on Unreal Tornament 3 and that should provide a better source than Borderlands specific stuff.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Would there be other ways that are less performance killing? I can force the setting no prob but I think its crazy that with AA forced this games seems to perfome worse than Metro 2033 on my PC lol?!?!

you shouldnt be killing performance that badly. reset your ati pannel back to its defaults. and uncheck use application settings for aa set it to x2 or x4
boot the game and see if its overridden the games settings.
if not you can try the work around of renaming the main exe file to ut3.exe.
you wont be able to use a launcher with this but should still get the game to work buy using the exe you have just renamed.
admittedly its not a great solution but doing it this way will actualy give better performance than the radeon pro, if it works.

TRENDING THREADS