Modem on new Soltek Motherboard

G

Hello Guys and Girls, well likely mainly guys, but there are bound to be a girl or two out there somewhere.

I recently purchased a new motherboard and CPU: Soltek SL-75KAV and 1.2 GB Thunderbird (266FSB). After installation, everything works fine, except for my modem.
I have an Aopen 56k modem that will connect to the server, but will not communicate any data.

Taking the modem out and putting it into my other machine (where it came from) and it works perfectly. I have set all the settings to the same and cannot see a fault, yet in my new machine no data transfer.

Anybody have any ideas?

Matai

G

First off- try re-seating your modem on the board. Make sure that the pins on your modem are not corroded. If they are, you can use a white eraser to clean them a bit. A lot of times, new boards will have "dirt in the port".

If that doesn't do it- go into your bios and verify that all of your settings for PCI are correct. You can go to www.soltek.com.tw and pull up the manual for your board which should be more in depth than the manual you got with your board. Also, make sure you go to your modem's website and make sure it is compatiable with your motherboard. Update the drivers for your motherboard and modem.