Please Recommand a Network card

raylee011

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am thinking to buy 2 NICs. One for my computer and another one for computer(s) that I am going to repair when it come to my house. I read the article from Tomshardware.com that he recommanded the 3com (3C905C-TX). I am just wondering what other NICs out there are good, and give me the best preformance. And for the other NIC that I am getting. Most of the time, I will have some very old computer and I want something that is very easy to install and have the least installation problem. And have best driver that came with it already. Any suggestion.

G

I have to give Tom his Cuddos. He is right on the money with the 3COM card.

You can pick up a good 3COM card for maybe $35 online and it will work as long as you own the computer, iut will always run fast, it will install without even blinking, and it will have great drivers even if you don't use the installation CD. Microsoft supports 3COM products very well, and there is almost no reason to use the upgraded drivers, except if they have some cool features like the one that Tom looked at.

Buy 3COM and never look back

FatBurger

Illustrious
That specific 3Com card is around $80. A bit pricey, but worth it for your main computer. For your less important network card, I recommend the Netgear 310tx. $20, and you shouldn't have any problems with installation.

<font color=green>In memory of all the Americans that died 9/11/01
Rest in peace</font color=green>