Sign in with
Your question

Collecting HotWheels Cars

Tags:
  • American
  • Cars
Last response: in Cars
December 30, 2010 10:56:02 AM

This is what my son and I did on my days off in 2010. Set up various Hot Wheels track layouts using vintage Redline era Track and cars from 60s - today. Through my interest and the all consuming Ebay, I could relive those days when I only thought of about Hot Wheels. It's always been a dream to acquire Redline era tracks and accessories. I stopped after Mrs threatened leaving me. I'm not one to stash away collector items in a display case....so let's go!

More about : collecting hotwheels cars

January 5, 2011 11:06:39 PM

MonsterMawd said:

This is what my son and I did on my days off in 2010. Set up various Hot Wheels track layouts using vintage Redline era Track and cars from 60s - today. Through my interest and the all consuming Ebay, I could relive those days when I only thought of about Hot Wheels. It's always been a dream to acquire Redline era tracks and accessories. I stopped after Mrs threatened leaving me. I'm not one to stash away collector items in a display case....so let's go!

Sweet - I only have a few of the newer HWs on my desk. A 2009 Mustang and Corvette convertable, a 2008 Challenger, and a 2010 Camero. I have some others still in the package. I never saved them as a kid but they do have the "addiction" factor. :) 
Dave
January 6, 2011 7:59:31 AM

Hi, Dave! Glad you liked the video. It's so tempting to buy Hot Wheels when I'm near the Toy section, For only a $1, you can own and admire one for years... thats what made them so successful
January 6, 2011 12:45:04 PM

Yeah,I love them,have tons of them unopened going about 15 years back or so..and im a grown man in my 40's
January 12, 2011 10:51:04 AM

I think the 1968 Redline "Green VW Beetle" from the video is my most valuable, at $30 - $50?
January 31, 2011 11:49:30 PM

MonsterMawd said:
Hi, Dave! Glad you liked the video. It's so tempting to buy Hot Wheels when I'm near the Toy section, For only a $1, you can own and admire one for years... thats what made them so successful

I buy mine at grocery stores for 99 cents. I've picked up a Porche 911, a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, and a Batmobile since I last posted. Much cheaper than buying the actual cars. :D 
Dave
February 1, 2011 9:59:53 AM

I've been looking for the Porsche 911
February 1, 2011 12:59:28 PM

I mostly collect the ralley cars and american muscle cars..
February 20, 2011 11:05:34 PM

MonsterMawd said:
I've been looking for the Porsche 911

Sorry it took awhile to get back. The silver Porshe 911 (2008 or 2009?) was available in some local super market displays. Dosn't seem too rare here in DFW.
Dave
!