Looking for a pen-pal

salut5491

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Hi guys,

I am French and I would find a pen-pal to discuss about his customs, his country or his interrest centers. Anything could be right. I am going to Canada for 6 months next year and I really need to improve my poor english level as you can see.
If you want to be better in French which is also my mother tongue we could discuss together.
Thus if there's someone interrested i am able to send him my messanger adress.

Thanks.

salut5491

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Up.

I really need to exchange with someone in English.
Moreover i have to take high commercial school tests that's why i really need to practice it.

Hope someone s going to help me. :)

Your English is good, and I will volunteer to help you out as needed. Send me a PM and I shall be glad to share my email info with you. In my spare time, I help out students at a US univ to polish up their resumes and presentation skills.

Well done.

salut5491

Goddess Pele has spoken, and my Europe trip plans have temporarily gone the way of the Edsel! (Translated into English "My Europe trip has been postponed because of the volcanic eruption in Iceland").

There are plenty of differences between English spoken in the US and British English. I have picked out some interesting examples. In every case, both parties think that they have understood each other. However, both have have totally misunderstood each other.

Example 1: During a business meeting in the US, the term "let's table the issue" means "let's discuss it at a later time" (postpone it). However, in the UK, the same term means let's discuss it now (let's put it on the table).

Example 2: A "fabulous price" in Mumbai means that the price is too high - in the US it means that it is a great bargain!

Example 3: One of the worst insults to a lady in the US is to refer to her as a "homely lady". A homely lady in the US means ugly, mentally retarded, not possessing any useful skills, etc. - however, in Asia, India, Britain, and certain other countries, describing a lady as "homely" is a high compliment and means exactly the opposite of what it means in the US.

In the US, we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway!

azeem1984's idea about voice communication is a good one. salut5491, we can set something up on Yahoo (I am familiar with it) and get the ball rolling (get started).

salut5491

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Hey guys,

Thanks you for your answers.
There are some interresting things i didn't know before your post.

I apologize for your plane.

It doesnt matter we could discuss on yahoo as you've said cause i don't have Skype.

Check your Private Messgae.