Discussion MBA 11inch 64 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Splendid

Yes, I sure did, when I auditioned the new 13" and 11" MBA. Its normal. Its the price you pay for being razor thin. That was one of the benefits your MacBook Pro had...it was quieter under duress. While your new MBA will be nearly silent in many circumstances you'll find that anything that lights into the GPU or CPU is going to spin that turbine up and you're surely gonna hear it.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
This is one stupid move on my part buying this and selling my MBP. You are saying even when I play Pogo games the fan makes a noise and when reading the Apple Insider site also? what would you do owning this MBA for only 2 days? thanks marv

halcyon

Splendid

If you're not happy I'd take it back and ...get another MBPro...but now you're talking a fiscal loss. Brother, I tried to warn you and I apologize my arguments weren't more logical and compelling. However, you need a computer. Now, unless you're ready to jump ship and get a Windows-based system you're back into another MacBook Pro and at least $1,200. A lesson that costs at least $200...I'm sure you've dropped money on worse.

Now for the logical...are you tied to OSX because you've invested money in software? If you wanted to change over to a Windows system w/out losing that $200 you could look at the Dell XPS14z. ...yet not forgetting why you changed to the air...for weight, I might suggest you get back into another MacBook Pro. You know what you're gonna get and its not a crapshoot.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I spoke with Apple this am and they said it is up to the reseller to take it back. they said this is not normal with the fan noise loud.I am really pissed off now. I want to get the Mac Mini and that is it with a monitor.

halcyon

Splendid

Any US Reseller worth their existence should take the computer back as long as its in the same physical condition you received it in. Don't be mad, its not always the destination, sometimes its the journey. I think the Apple rep is blowing smoke, I've had both the 13" and 11" 2011 MacBook Air and I know the turbine lights up when you press the CPU and GPU. It wasn't awful, but definitely noticable, especially in a quiet environment.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks I am getting a run around with the reseller and Apple directly. Really frustrating indeed on my part. This is not normal with this fan noise! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.