How will Metro 2033 run on my computer

Core i7 930
6GB DDR3 1333 MHz
MSI Big Bang Xpower X58 motherboard
X2 Radeon HD 5870 (1GB) in CF
Corsair TX850 850W PSU

How will Metro 2033 run on my computer? Can I run it on 1920x1080 with DX11? I heard that Metro 2033 is even more demanding than Crysis.
10 answers Last reply
More about metro 2033 computer


  1. This is on a Intel Core i7-920 @ 3.33GHz test bed. It's 1920x1200 to at 1080P it should be a little better.
  2. jay2tall said:
    http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4061/34635.png

    This is on a Intel Core i7-920 @ 3.33GHz test bed. It's 1920x1200 to at 1080P it should be a little better.


    Can I enable DX11 and tesselation?
  3. If your OS supports DX11 it will run in DX11 mode since that is what the game supports and the card is DX11.

    Windows 7 and Vista SP2 support DX11.
  4. ambam said:
    Can I enable DX11 and tesselation?



    My rig is very similar to yours and I game @ 1080p with Metro. I can hit 60+fps in DX11 and AAA enabled, but with only tessellation and NOT DoF. DoF is like a 10 fps performance hit on the ATI cards and I really don't see that much visual improvement. So your game will be totally smooth with everything but DoF, and if you enable it you will still be about 50 fps for the majority of the game.
  5. Trialsking said:
    My rig is very similar to yours and I game @ 1080p with Metro. I can hit 60+fps in DX11 and AAA enabled, but with only tessellation and NOT DoF. DoF is like a 10 fps performance hit on the ATI cards and I really don't see that much visual improvement. So your game will be totally smooth with everything but DoF, and if you enable it you will still be about 50 fps for the majority of the game.


    Thanks! I've read that this game is highly optimized for nvidia cards, because of the PhysX support.
  6. i have a very similar build. and it plays well enough, especially after patching.
    you can turn on tesselation and most of the other dx11 features without it having to much of a dramatic effect on frame rate. just dont use the advanced antialiasing or advance depth of field. and you will stay well above 30 fps which is more than playable.
  7. HEXiT said:
    i have a very similar build. and it plays well enough, especially after patching.
    you can turn on tesselation and most of the other dx11 features without it having to much of a dramatic effect on frame rate. just dont use the advanced antialiasing or advance depth of field. and you will stay well above 30 fps which is more than playable.


    What is "depth of field?"
  8. when you use your gun sites the screen around the edges will blur out to focus whats under the sights.. its a nice effect but can take up a lot of resources.
  9. HEXiT said:
    when you use your gun sites the screen around the edges will blur out to focus whats under the sights.. its a nice effect but can take up a lot of resources.


    That's it?

    What about tesselation?
  10. extra pollygons, it takes the normal pollygons and increases the count by subdividing them, which enables better rounded edges so more detail in the images.
    what was 1s a flat surface will appear to have more depth say on an army jacket
    you would see a pocket on dx10 it would look flat but with dx11 you would see that actual shape of the pocket. http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss42/hexit71/th_BlackOps2010-11-1005-01-14-95.jpg for example look at his lapels and pockets. on dx10 they would just be flat but not with dx11
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Computers Intel i7 Video Games