ZT1000 hard drive replacement issue

The hard drive crashed. Was an IBM TravelStar 30gb. Replacement from HP was
over $250. Bought a toshiba 40gb locally. Plugged it in, will not detect.
Tried the drive from my Dell latitude ... also a 1gb system, would not
detect drive. Tried an identical IBM drive from a compaq, would not detect
drive. Original drive clatters. The second ibm drive spins up then quits.
The tosh works in the dell and the compaq. Any ideas? TIA.
1 answer Last reply
More about zt1000 hard drive replacement issue

    x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Hewlett Packard Hard Drives IBM Computers