3D gaming performance of Hd 6870

vibrantxxninjas

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Hi everyone,
I was thinking about setting up 3D as i will be getting my PC hooked up to a 3D TV at my dads this weekend and was wondering if it would play games very well in 3D by iz3d

Heres my rig
core i3-550
4GB DDR3 RAM
Sapphire HD 6870

some games i will play in 3D and my 2D fps performance in 1080p and max settings with 4xAA and 16xAF (if supported by game):
Medal of Honour (2010) 50-70fps
Black Ops 65-100fps
Crysis 2 45-60fps
Batman Arkham Asylum 80-140fps

i also dont mind if i will have to turn the resolution down to say 1280x720 or even turn the detail down a notch to get the game to be playable

thanks everyone in advance.

Solution
3d is a bit of a gimmick m8,
they can only create a couple of inches of depth and it plays havoc with your eyes or brain, resulting in pain in the eyes, headache and in some cases vomiting. when you get these symptoms please stop playing its not something you can get used to.
for gaming i personally wouldn't recommend it, especially if you let young 1s play your games(i see your 17 so your not in either the higher risk category), or if your approaching middle age (due to hardening of the lenses as you get older).

as far as performance goes it depends on the 3d used. if its the blue red colour shift then the performance hit isnt that great. but if you use the polarized glasses it can be quite hefty.
3d is a bit of a gimmick m8,
they can only create a couple of inches of depth and it plays havoc with your eyes or brain, resulting in pain in the eyes, headache and in some cases vomiting. when you get these symptoms please stop playing its not something you can get used to.
for gaming i personally wouldn't recommend it, especially if you let young 1s play your games(i see your 17 so your not in either the higher risk category), or if your approaching middle age (due to hardening of the lenses as you get older).

as far as performance goes it depends on the 3d used. if its the blue red colour shift then the performance hit isnt that great. but if you use the polarized glasses it can be quite hefty.

Solution

vibrantxxninjas

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

thanks for the reply,
yes it will be with the polarized glasses and iz3D's 3D software would have been what i would've used however i found that the performance hit might not be worth it since im only running a mid-class GPU from what i saw in some charts it might not be good...
I guess i will have to find out myself!

TRENDING THREADS