Your question

Crysis native res issue

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Crysis
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 21, 2011 2:04:48 AM

Im trying to run crysis in my native res which is 1920x1080. The problem is i have a 1 inch black border around the game screen to the edge of my monitor screen. I cant find anything on this problem anywhere. The only things im finding is people who DONT have the option for 1920x1080. I DO have that option but i get a black border.

Im running 2 HD radeon 6850's in crossfire.

More about : crysis native res issue

April 21, 2011 4:10:42 AM

syzergy said:
Im trying to run crysis in my native res which is 1920x1080. The problem is i have a 1 inch black border around the game screen to the edge of my monitor screen. I cant find anything on this problem anywhere. The only things im finding is people who DONT have the option for 1920x1080. I DO have that option but i get a black border.

Im running 2 HD radeon 6850's in crossfire.

I don't know if this will help but the same thing happened to me in Black Ops and I fixed it by hitting "Alt+Enter". Also, is this the only game you're getting the problem with? If it isn't you might want to try checking your video card settings. Sometime one of the scaling options is set to "Do not scale" and it can cause similar problems. I hope this helps!
m
l
April 21, 2011 2:18:48 PM

The "Alt+Enter" thing worked but i have to do it everytime i run the game. I only bought the game for the campaign so its not to much of an issue i guess.

I found scaling options in my CCC but nothing about "do not scale" or anything along those lines?
m
l
Related resources
April 21, 2011 2:31:55 PM

the black border means your ingame settings are at 1280/720. thus the solid black border. its not the ccc panel, you may need to use the monitors own menu to turn scaling on.
you need to go into games options gfx and screen rez to 1920/1080. if your running win7 then run the game as administrator or your settings wont save as you wont have enough permission to edit files in the main system install folders. so you will have to do alt-ret every time.

i had the same problem when i first got my 5870
m
l
October 29, 2011 2:21:59 AM

I have radeon 6850 and just bought a 1920x1080 monitor 24". When I set resolution to native (1920x1080) I have the same black borders...not in crysis in particular but windows in general. Is anyone able to run this resolution with this graphics card without this problem? I want to know if it is the card or some other problem. I have the saphire version of the card and have to run in 1680x1050 to get the screen to fit. It's driving me crazy I don't think that resolution should even fit a 16:9 screen
m
l
!