Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Lachesis button acting stuck - conditionaly 100% of time

Last response: in Video Games
April 21, 2011 2:17:52 AM

Hey, my fellow Lachesis users. I have the 4000 dpi version, 2 actually. If I program one of the side keys to any single key I have a problem. Do you?? I use the front right side key for melee. Try ths. Program any side key to some single key. Then open word or notepad. Get the curser ready to type. Press and hold the left mouse button and as your holding it press and release the side key - then let go of the left mouse button. It's a problem for me because while gaming if I am firing a weapon while being rushed I sometimes melee befor letting up on fire. Anyway, 3 of 3 Lachesis mouse I have tried this on are the same. Hold left mouse while press and release side key programed as any single key, then release left mouse and that programed key is acting like it's depressed until you press any of the side keys again. True????

Is that normal. Can I set it up so it does not work that way?? I tried doing a macro but that way the macro won't interupt the fire/left mouse.
April 21, 2011 2:41:39 PM

honesly m8 i dont employ macros while gaming they are more trouble than there worth and many server admins and anti cheat devices like punkbuster see them as cheats (not that im saying your a cheat mind). just anything that gives a player a mechanical advantage is classed as a cheat online by most of the community that i play with.
it may be that your macro file has become corrupted or if you have run it on multiple o.s's the on mouse ram has become corrupt.
try reconfiguring the macro to another button for test purposes or turn all mouse macros off and see if the button has an error by just setting it as melee or fire without a script attached.
if the button works by itself the macro is to blame, either the script itself or the mouse memory where its help.
and just for refrence i too have the lacheses... and the peice of crap destructor mat. (professional gaming surface my ass)
Score
April 21, 2011 3:51:04 PM

in the Lachesis configuration the key is programmed as a single key and not a macro. I thought a 9 button mouse was to give an advantage. Anyway, I have tried this in three different Lachesis 4000 dpi mice and 2 computers with the same results.

Has anyone else tried it.

Saitek, solid great mouse pad!!!
Score
Related resources
April 21, 2011 4:15:35 PM

And the side buttons have to be programed to some key before they can be assigned to an in game action.
Score

Best solution

April 21, 2011 4:49:34 PM

milesdq said:
And the side buttons have to be programed to some key before they can be assigned to an in game action.

they dont m8. i have just checked mine and they are set to default.
i then set them in game. in cod4 i select the control panel select melee and click the windows button 4
it then shows up as mouse button 4

what your doing is configuring the mouse to the game not the game to the mouse.

as you can see apart from the buttons i have turned off they are all at default.
April 21, 2011 4:58:36 PM

OK, thanks. I thought wrong and will go into cod4, cod mw2, world at war and Bfbc2 and see what happens and get back to you. Thanks. And it does eliminate a sticky key in word. I guess a windows key is not the same as a character key.
Score
April 21, 2011 5:16:32 PM

HEXiT, why M8??

Thank you sir, you have given me the resolution to my malfunction. Operator error it seems as the button assignments you present work flawlessly. I am appreciative and relieved.
Score
April 21, 2011 10:50:02 PM

your welcome. feel free to select best answer and a mod can then close this topic.

m8 as in mate/friend/buddy.
Score
April 21, 2011 11:08:48 PM

Best answer selected by milesdq.
Score
April 22, 2011 3:50:54 AM

Buttons set as Windows 4 and 5 work as back and forward in explorer. I wanted to see if they could be made to act if they are being depressed. I opened about 10 pages and then held the left mouse while press and release the windows 4 or 5 button followed by release left mouse and it did not start back back back back.... or forward forward forward. So I think the current button assignments give me exactly what I want. I use the dpi buttons for flash bangs and claymores and the middle mouse for grenades.
Score
April 22, 2011 3:46:06 PM

HEXiT said:
honesly m8 i dont employ macros while gaming they are more trouble than there worth and many server admins and anti cheat devices like punkbuster see them as cheats (not that im saying your a cheat mind). just anything that gives a player a mechanical advantage is classed as a cheat online by most of the community that i play with.

Would most think I was cheating to be using the 2 left side buttons as melee and toggle crouch, the dpi buttons as flash bang and claymore and the middle mouse as grenade??? All in game keyboard are default just those few actions/move have 2 keys/buttons asigned.
Score
April 22, 2011 4:30:15 PM

I know, it's a mechanical advantage. I still get beat way more often then I win and am always at the bottom of the score board so I guess at this time I need all the flawlessly implemented mechanical advantage I can get.
Score
April 22, 2011 4:41:08 PM

if you can configure the buttons in game then theres no problem. the problem starts when you configure the mouse outside the game.
say you open the mouse config and set melee and crouch 1 after the other on the same button via a macro so each time you stab you duck. although this is actually legal via punkbuster it is frowned upon by server admins.
attaching single actions to single buttons is fine.
other things like attaching fire to the scroll wheel is also frowned upon often server admins will check for this and kick players using it.
so basically you can try different configs but be aware some admins will kick you for them.
as you have turned off button 6 and 7 you can set the dpi buttons as windows keys in the mouse pannel.
and they will then be available in game as mouse buttons instead of being ignored by the game which would normaly see them as dpi buttons.
Score
April 22, 2011 4:59:37 PM

Am I missing something else?? I'm thinking that I only have 2 windows buttons and they are being used on my 2 left side buttons.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Score
April 22, 2011 5:05:15 PM

I see that I can assign windows 4 to more than one button now.

Score
April 22, 2011 5:10:20 PM

HEXiT said:

as you have turned off button 6 and 7 you can set the dpi buttons as windows keys in the mouse pannel.
and they will then be available in game as mouse buttons instead of being ignored by the game which would normaly see them as dpi buttons.

As I have the dpi buttons set to singl keys P and L that is what the game sees them as. I think I'm not understanding exactly what the windows 4 and 5 assignments are. Why number the windows buttons???
Score
April 22, 2011 5:36:59 PM

I don't know what I was thinking but I tried having 2 mouse button as windows 5. then I went into COD Black Ops and tried to assign each of the 2 windows 5 mouse buttons to 2 different actions and it's just like tring to assign the same key twice. You can't do it.

The default Lachesis dpi buttons are not the same as the side buttons. They don't even depend on the Lachesis config. Assigning the 2 dpi buttons to single keys in advanced function works flawlessly.

Score
April 23, 2011 4:31:37 AM

oops! sorry m8 i made a mistake in reading your post... so gave a completely wrong answer... but im glad to see you figured it out by yourself. MY BAD!
Score
April 23, 2011 10:10:48 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!