Why my pc is not read ps3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hey men hi :bounce:

my pc is not read ps3 games can you help me please :cry: :cry:

Ο υπολογιστής μου δεν διαβάζει παιχνίδια του ps3 μπορείτε να με βοηθήσετε?please1!!!!!!! :sarcastic:

why do you need your pc to read your ps3 games? copying disks for any other purpose than as a backup for your primary disk is illegal. because of the nature of ps3 architecture i doubt anything short of a gpgpu based system would even handle it.

that said, the reason why the disk doesn't appear is either because you don't have a blueray drive in your pc (ps3 disks are blueray or blueray dual-layer) or because your computer does not recognize how the files are stored on the disk. my guess is on the prior.

Chri5123

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
If your PS3 is not reading normal games i.e not copied discs and so on then you may have the disc reading error which is quite common.

It happens because the laser comes away from where it should be.

You just need to ring up Sony and send it in for repair or readjust the laser yourself to get the discs reading again.

Or you can repair it yourself with a good guide.

I have wrote an article on exactly why this happens here : http://bit.ly/eCv9wt

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Rofl. Well the first major point would be that your PC is not running PS3 games. Your PC is not a PS3. There's your problem. Even if you were using a bluray drive, your PC probably can't do anything with PS3 discs. Whatever you're trying to do, don't do it. That's my two cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.