PLease help me set up my Laptop to use my V710 as a modem ..

Hi all,
Can I set up my Laptop to utilize my Verizon V710 cell phone as a
modem via bluetooth?

Could you please provide step by step instructions for setting up the
laptop? I already have the V710 preforming as a modem for my Pocket
PC, but I would like to use it in the same way with my laptop if
possible.

Thanks much!
Thanks in advance!!!
Regards,
Steve B.
PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
4 answers Last reply
More about please laptop v710 modem

    "Steven B." <PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Can I set up my Laptop to utilize my Verizon V710 cell phone as a
    > modem via bluetooth?
    >
    > Could you please provide step by step instructions for setting up the
    > laptop? I already have the V710 preforming as a modem for my Pocket
    > PC, but I would like to use it in the same way with my laptop if
    > possible.
    >
    > Thanks much!
    > Thanks in advance!!!
    > Regards,
    > Steve B.
    > PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com

    Yes. There are several companies that make a USB Bluetooth "dongle" (a
    little thing about 2 inches long/plugs into a USB port) and the software
    specifically lets you use bluetooth modems. Note the V710 is limited as to
    what bluetooth functions it supports, but it does support basic modem stuff.

    There are a bunch of em under $40, here's one of em
    http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3945538?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:20:56 -0400, Steven B.
    <PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >Can I set up my Laptop to utilize my Verizon V710 cell phone as a
    >modem via bluetooth?
    >
    >Could you please provide step by step instructions for setting up the
    >laptop? I already have the V710 preforming as a modem for my Pocket
    >PC, but I would like to use it in the same way with my laptop if
    >possible.
    >
    >Thanks much!
    >Thanks in advance!!!
    >Regards,
    >Steve B.

    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=254

    Search the forum.

    The Laptop is a Dell LAttitude running Windows 2000 and it already has
    buit in Bluetooth. Do I still need a dongle?

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:31:01 -0700, "Peter Pan"
    <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:

    >"Steven B." <PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >> Can I set up my Laptop to utilize my Verizon V710 cell phone as a
    >> modem via bluetooth?
    >>
    >> Could you please provide step by step instructions for setting up the
    >> laptop? I already have the V710 preforming as a modem for my Pocket
    >> PC, but I would like to use it in the same way with my laptop if
    >> possible.
    >>
    >> Thanks much!
    >> Thanks in advance!!!
    >> Regards,
    >> Steve B.
    >> PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
    >
    >Yes. There are several companies that make a USB Bluetooth "dongle" (a
    >little thing about 2 inches long/plugs into a USB port) and the software
    >specifically lets you use bluetooth modems. Note the V710 is limited as to
    >what bluetooth functions it supports, but it does support basic modem stuff.
    >
    >There are a bunch of em under $40, here's one of em
    >http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3945538?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

    Thanks in advance!!!
    Regards,
    Steve B.
    PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com

    Sorry, fraid I don't know. Our computers at work have built in WiFi, and
    this was a simple and cheap way to add Bluetooth along with WiFI.
    The place I work at (computer/phone, sales/repair) already has a public WiFi
    "hotspot", and we added the simple dongle thing to our existing computers so
    we could do bluetooth things with the V710 (our philosphy is try it/make
    sure it works, before selling it).

    > The Laptop is a Dell LAttitude running Windows 2000 and it already has
    > buit in Bluetooth. Do I still need a dongle?
    >

    > On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:31:01 -0700, "Peter Pan"
    > <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"Steven B." <PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> Can I set up my Laptop to utilize my Verizon V710 cell phone as a
    >>> modem via bluetooth?
    >>>
    >>> Could you please provide step by step instructions for setting up the
    >>> laptop? I already have the V710 preforming as a modem for my Pocket
    >>> PC, but I would like to use it in the same way with my laptop if
    >>> possible.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks much!
    >>> Thanks in advance!!!
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Steve B.
    >>> PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
    >>
    >>Yes. There are several companies that make a USB Bluetooth "dongle" (a
    >>little thing about 2 inches long/plugs into a USB port) and the software
    >>specifically lets you use bluetooth modems. Note the V710 is limited as to
    >>what bluetooth functions it supports, but it does support basic modem
    >>stuff.
    >>
    >>There are a bunch of em under $40, here's one of em
    >>http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3945538?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    >>

    > Thanks in advance!!!
    > Regards,
    > Steve B.
    > PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com

Verizon Laptops Modem Internet Service Providers