PLease help me set up my Laptop to use my V710 as a modem ..

Last response: in Network Providers
a b D Laptop
October 17, 2004 9:20:56 PM

Hi all,
Can I set up my Laptop to utilize my Verizon V710 cell phone as a
modem via bluetooth?

Could you please provide step by step instructions for setting up the
laptop? I already have the V710 preforming as a modem for my Pocket
PC, but I would like to use it in the same way with my laptop if
possible.

Thanks much!
Thanks in advance!!!
Regards,
Steve B.
PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com

More about : set laptop v710 modem

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 17, 2004 9:20:57 PM

"Steven B." <PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Can I set up my Laptop to utilize my Verizon V710 cell phone as a
> modem via bluetooth?
>
> Could you please provide step by step instructions for setting up the
> laptop? I already have the V710 preforming as a modem for my Pocket
> PC, but I would like to use it in the same way with my laptop if
> possible.
>
> Thanks much!
> Thanks in advance!!!
> Regards,
> Steve B.
> PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com

Yes. There are several companies that make a USB Bluetooth "dongle" (a
little thing about 2 inches long/plugs into a USB port) and the software
specifically lets you use bluetooth modems. Note the V710 is limited as to
what bluetooth functions it supports, but it does support basic modem stuff.

There are a bunch of em under $40, here's one of em
http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3945538?site=sr:SEARCH...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 17, 2004 10:41:04 PM

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:20:56 -0400, Steven B.
<PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>Can I set up my Laptop to utilize my Verizon V710 cell phone as a
>modem via bluetooth?
>
>Could you please provide step by step instructions for setting up the
>laptop? I already have the V710 preforming as a modem for my Pocket
>PC, but I would like to use it in the same way with my laptop if
>possible.
>
>Thanks much!
>Thanks in advance!!!
>Regards,
>Steve B.

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid...

Search the forum.
a b D Laptop
October 18, 2004 3:36:07 AM

The Laptop is a Dell LAttitude running Windows 2000 and it already has
buit in Bluetooth. Do I still need a dongle?

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:31:01 -0700, "Peter Pan"
<Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:

>"Steven B." <PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> Can I set up my Laptop to utilize my Verizon V710 cell phone as a
>> modem via bluetooth?
>>
>> Could you please provide step by step instructions for setting up the
>> laptop? I already have the V710 preforming as a modem for my Pocket
>> PC, but I would like to use it in the same way with my laptop if
>> possible.
>>
>> Thanks much!
>> Thanks in advance!!!
>> Regards,
>> Steve B.
>> PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
>
>Yes. There are several companies that make a USB Bluetooth "dongle" (a
>little thing about 2 inches long/plugs into a USB port) and the software
>specifically lets you use bluetooth modems. Note the V710 is limited as to
>what bluetooth functions it supports, but it does support basic modem stuff.
>
>There are a bunch of em under $40, here's one of em
>http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3945538?site=sr:SEARCH...

Thanks in advance!!!
Regards,
Steve B.
PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 18, 2004 6:23:02 AM

Sorry, fraid I don't know. Our computers at work have built in WiFi, and
this was a simple and cheap way to add Bluetooth along with WiFI.
The place I work at (computer/phone, sales/repair) already has a public WiFi
"hotspot", and we added the simple dongle thing to our existing computers so
we could do bluetooth things with the V710 (our philosphy is try it/make
sure it works, before selling it).

!