Xp or vista

for todays games neither. you want win7. but if you have an older system the xp.
vista is a resource hog compared to both win7 and xp. xp being the least resource hungry but it doesn't support dx10 or 11
if you cant get win 7 and you can afford it system wise vista works well enough but personally i wouldn't use it.

XP would be better because Vista is more like a RAM consumer. But the problem with Xp is that, its only directx 9.0c. I wouldn't recommed both, since windows 7 is available. Why not go for that ?

flyingWater

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

Use accustomed to XP, I have a PC install Win7 system, found some game can run in XP but win7 can't. In order to stabilize play with my game, choice XP

i have a lot of games for my system. as i dont trade them in. i haven found 1 in my collection that wont install on win7 ultimate. the rest take a little coaxing but all will play.
i know there are a few games that wont install but they are particularly old titles like command and conquer red alert 2, but if you can do with out that then win7 is the way to go.

digvijaysingh

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010

What about the DOOM 3 and commondo and call of duty series. will all these run in win 7

Bagaskoro Olga Yonear

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
lots of people want to downgrade their vista to xp. windows 7 is better than vista with same sys req. sorry for my bad english.... :D

the security in vista is too high to take......

take the win7 for the latest game, or you can take the xp sp3 for old game

Doom 3 runs on Windows 7 as I have it myself. COD series as well, including the first title. I am not sure about commandos, as I haven't tried it.