athlon700 & ep-7kxa problem booting

G

I got a new barebone with the discription above, and after setting up the bios and all its settings, when it goes into that screen where it tells you drive specs after the bios screen, it dosent come up it just turns black and jsut has a _ flickering at the top and the keyboard freezes but I can still turn it off via the switch. it wont boot to floppy or hard drives and I know all those work because they do on my other systems. After trying and trying I got it to boot to windows once, but after it restarted it didnt start with same exact settings. after it loaded the drivers. I was going to upgrade the bios on the board but it wont boot to the dos c:/ screen so I cant even reach the 3.5 disk. I have tried 2 top of the line video cards memory but it wont work I was thinking maybe it was the 145 watt power supply but I think that if it was that it wouldnt turn on at all.

I am out of options because everything is set up right. I tried with cpu mempry agp card and see if it would boot to the floppy but it wont it jsut locks up after the bios screen.

dose anybdoy know what this could be here are the specs of the system.

athlon aproved mother board ep-7kxa agp 4x
athlon 700
gforce2mx & gts & pro agp 4x
pc 100
maxtor 17 gb 66 and 6 gb and 3 diff floppies non will boot.

bus is at 100X7
and everything is just right. at the settings.

thanks for any feedback I am computerless for now.

Adrian

G

O forgot to say that the bios dose detect the drives in the bios screen. so all cables are right

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
at this point it could be a bunch of things...the first thing i would do is to borrow at least a 250 watt power supply from someone. 145 is VERY inadequate. i don't think that you should eliminate the power supply as the problem just because it "turns on". if that doesn't help, try resetting the cmos. if that doesn't help, post again...