Belkin Wireless Network Problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 28, 2004 10:15:49 AM

Hi All
I am having real snags setting up the following:
I have a PC using XP Pro, and a laptop using XP Home (both SP2) that i
would like to set up both in a wireless network using the following
cards and router/modem I have bought:
1. Belkin 802.11g wireless Notebook Network Card
2. Belkin 802.11g Desktop Network Card
3. Belkin 802.11g ADSL Router/Modem - F57630-4A

I connected the router to the mains and the phone line and got the
lights I was expecting from the manual.
I installed the network cards successfully into both the PC and laptop
successfully. From the PC I logged into 192.168.2.1 for the router
interface, and set the parameters needed.
However, after about 5 minutes, the router seems to lock and I cannot
navigate the router anymore. I reinstalled the network card, and reset
the router and was able to reconnect to the router but the same thing
happened after about 5 min again.
I then did the same from the laptop, and after about 5 minutes the
same thing happened.
When I tried 192.168.2.1 from the pc, i got a "Duplicate
Administrator" error and was unable to connect to the router
interface, even when the laptop was powered down.
Also, when I log out from the laptop or the PC, and login again, the
connection to the network is lost, and cannot be reestablished until I
reinstall everything again.
For info, at the moment, both the PC and the laptop are right next to
the router.
Also, with respect to the parameters, I can see where to enter the ISP
username and password, but nowhere to enter the Server IP address or
subnet masks.

Any help here please would be very much appreciated. I am going to try
another router, but do wonder if this is the problem.

Many thanks in advance

Matt
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 1:18:49 PM

My first suggestion would be to check the router firmware version then
go to the Belkin site and see if there are any firmware upgrades
available and if so apply them. Then do the same for the adapters.
You should also do any configuration of the router with a wired
connection....not a wireless.

"ScrinnerFenner" <mattynewman31@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I am having real snags setting up the following:
> I have a PC using XP Pro, and a laptop using XP Home (both SP2) that
> would like to set up both in a wireless network using the following
> cards and router/modem I have bought:
> 1. Belkin 802.11g wireless Notebook Network Card
> 2. Belkin 802.11g Desktop Network Card
> 3. Belkin 802.11g ADSL Router/Modem - F57630-4A
>
> I connected the router to the mains and the phone line and got the
> lights I was expecting from the manual.
> I installed the network cards successfully into both the PC and
laptop
> successfully. From the PC I logged into 192.168.2.1 for the router
> interface, and set the parameters needed.
> However, after about 5 minutes, the router seems to lock and I
cannot
> navigate the router anymore. I reinstalled the network card, and
reset
> the router and was able to reconnect to the router but the same
thing
> happened after about 5 min again.
> I then did the same from the laptop, and after about 5 minutes the
> same thing happened.
> When I tried 192.168.2.1 from the pc, i got a "Duplicate
> Administrator" error and was unable to connect to the router
> interface, even when the laptop was powered down.
> Also, when I log out from the laptop or the PC, and login again, the
> connection to the network is lost, and cannot be reestablished until
> reinstall everything again.
> For info, at the moment, both the PC and the laptop are right next
> the router.
> Also, with respect to the parameters, I can see where to enter the
ISP
> username and password, but nowhere to enter the Server IP address or
> subnet masks.
>
> Any help here please would be very much appreciated. I am going to
try
> another router, but do wonder if this is the problem.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Matt
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 8:03:53 PM

I was having the same problem, suspect issue with IE. Download Mozilla
Firefox and then you should not have any more problems.

"Airhead" <campbell@alliancecable.net> wrote in message
> My first suggestion would be to check the router firmware version then
> go to the Belkin site and see if there are any firmware upgrades
> available and if so apply them. Then do the same for the adapters.
> You should also do any configuration of the router with a wired
> connection....not a wireless.
>

> "ScrinnerFenner" <mattynewman31@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> > I am having real snags setting up the following:
> > I have a PC using XP Pro, and a laptop using XP Home (both SP2) that
> > would like to set up both in a wireless network using the following
> > cards and router/modem I have bought:
> > 1. Belkin 802.11g wireless Notebook Network Card
> > 2. Belkin 802.11g Desktop Network Card
> > 3. Belkin 802.11g ADSL Router/Modem - F57630-4A
> >
> > I connected the router to the mains and the phone line and got the
> > lights I was expecting from the manual.
> > I installed the network cards successfully into both the PC and
> laptop
> > successfully. From the PC I logged into 192.168.2.1 for the router
> > interface, and set the parameters needed.
> > However, after about 5 minutes, the router seems to lock and I
> cannot
> > navigate the router anymore. I reinstalled the network card, and
> reset
> > the router and was able to reconnect to the router but the same
> thing
> > happened after about 5 min again.
> > I then did the same from the laptop, and after about 5 minutes the
> > same thing happened.
> > When I tried 192.168.2.1 from the pc, i got a "Duplicate
> > Administrator" error and was unable to connect to the router
> > interface, even when the laptop was powered down.
> > Also, when I log out from the laptop or the PC, and login again, the
> > connection to the network is lost, and cannot be reestablished until
> > reinstall everything again.
> > For info, at the moment, both the PC and the laptop are right next
> > the router.
> > Also, with respect to the parameters, I can see where to enter the
> ISP
> > username and password, but nowhere to enter the Server IP address or
> > subnet masks.
> >
> > Any help here please would be very much appreciated. I am going to
> try
> > another router, but do wonder if this is the problem.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance
> >
> > Matt

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 11:08:36 AM

I just got the same router for a laptop on a cable connection. After a
day of trying to make the wi router work properly I came to the
conclusion that this router is not all that great. Its really
temperamental...in other words it works when it wants and how it
wants.... Regarding your problem, I was having pretty much similar
issues. Make sure that when you set the parameters, you

--
conectado