Closed

Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars not working on 64-Bit Win 7??

Today I tried installing CnC 3 Tiberium Wars on my new PC which is running Windows 7 64-Bit. However the Game Installer told me or rather gave me a message that the game doesnt run on 64-Bit versions of Windows. Is that true? Because I thought most modern games could run on 32-Bit and 64-Bit Windows?
7 answers Last reply
More about command conquer tiberium wars working
  1. Can you give us the exact message? I have Win7 64 bit and C&C 3 works perfectly.
  2. @pw, its not true. i have ran all the c'n'c games except red alert 2 and another early 1 in win7 64bit ulitmate.
    i not long ago got rid of tiberiam wars and kains wrath. they both work flawlessley on 64bit.
  3. hmm ..ill try again and let you know ..it seemed suspicious to me ..
  4. often when a game has been corrupted it will say this game is not a valid 64bit application.
    if your windows installer is out of date you can get this app isnt supported in 64bit also.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=5a58b56f-60b6-4412-95b9-54d056d6f9f4&displaylang=en so try these updates and see if it fixes your problem.
  5. my c&c 3 stops working after i build a power plant
  6. thats sounds like a game crash caused by a corrupt file... i guess it happens every time you make the plant.. if so then it could be a bad sector on the disk. a scratch on your dvd... theres little you can do about that 1 apart from get another copy.
  7. clarkb said:
    my c&c 3 stops working after i build a power plant

Could also be copy protection.... In RA2, everything exploded 1 minute into the game if you tried playing with a non-legit version.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Windows 7 Games Command Prompt Video Games