Weird problem with counterstrike source multiplayer list is wrong fon

tornados2111

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
I have this weird problem with css that when I look at the list of people on the server everything is in wrong font, all of the letters look much wider. It sounds a bit silly but everytime I look at it, it annoys me so much that makes it umplayable, its just really annoying. i have tried uninstalling from steam and installing again but nothing helps. I dont know if anyone is able to anser such a specific question but any help will be apreciated, thatnks.

have you tried adjusting the screens aspect ratio. it may be set to 4:3 or 5:4 ingame when it needs to be 16:9 or 16:10
if thats not the problem check the game rez is the same as the screen rez. (ie native)
finally if that still doesn't fix it check that you have the rite fonts installed and if you have any mod's make sure there not being loaded.

tornados2111

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
I have tried changing the aspect ratio but it wont actually changei think its becoz it cant change from the standard, which is 16:10 and its 1680 pixels by 1050. Also in the options it is set to the native resolution. how do i check if the write fonts are installed? I currently do not have any mods installed since i reinstalled steam and downloaded just css

tornados2111

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011

I have tried changing the aspect ratio but it wont actually changei think its becoz it cant change from the standard, which is 16:10 and its 1680 pixels by 1050. Also in the options it is set to the native resolution. how do i check if the write fonts are installed? I currently do not have any mods installed since i reinstalled steam and downloaded just css
also if this information helps solve teh problem, I have just downloaded css beta which comes free with css on steam and the exact same problem happens in it