Problem possible infection ?

Zhire

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2003
Hello guys and gals, I have a computer here at work that is randomly breaking full task programs to windows and minimizing then at increasing intervals it seems. The user has been moved to a new system but I can not determine the cause. I have used PCTools spyware program to check and eliminate that aspsect. I have also used Symantec Anti Virus scanner and none showed up. I have removed the wireless components from the sytems so no more wireless mouse or keyboard. Still having the problems. The computer is a Dell Dimension 4550 it has only been modified with more ram and a new video card, All of which have been in place for well over a year.

Any suggestions or ideas of what this could be? I have tried searching online for the answer but I seem to be having poor luck. Thank you in advance for any input.

Zhire

palmerg

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2005
Sorry, for me your description of the problem isn't clear.
What does this really mean?
"randomly breaking full task programs to windows and minimizing then at increasing intervals it seems"
What happens when you boot into safe mode?

Zhire

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2003
I haven't tried running in safe mode as 90% of the work we do is online. I should try this and see. The statement is understanding is this. I am running a company database program, and randomly the user is getting knocked out of the Database program to the desktop. The window is minimized, but as all programs that aren't meant to be tabbed out of are the program becomes unstable and crashes sometimes. I hope this helps explain what is going on better