Still can't make my mind up about what phone to choose!

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
October 18, 2004 5:11:14 AM

I have been trying to get as much information about the Samsung i700 as
possible, currently I have the Kyocera 6035 for about three years, good
phone all around but it started to show some wear and tear, since VW does
not offer the phone I thought is time to upgrade hoping that there is
something comparable to my phone besides it's brother Kyocera 7135 which at
this time my VW store advised me that they pulled the phone off the racks
because of software glitches, so here are some facts that I was able to find
but still nothing convincing as the "user-friendly-feedback" I do
appreciate, so far I know this:

- The i700 only works on digital signal, so how good or bad is the signal
for those of you living in the north-east?

- Windows based, well that says it all, but how unstable is it? I can live
with that....

- Price, if you get the phone with a new contract is around 600.00+ (correct
me if I'm wrong) but with the new every two deal it would be some how
cheaper considering what I payed for the Kyo 6035.

- People had complained about the Windows Explorer, any comments?
- How easy is to upgrade the OS? It seems that it runs on Microsoft
PockectPC 2002.

So here it is, I would appreciate any comments about this phone...

Me
--
"..........Most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln

More about : make mind phone choose

October 18, 2004 6:48:43 AM

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:32:53 -0400, Killer Madness wrote:
Snip...........
> it's very obvious once you've had the
> opportunity to use some of the nice hardware out there. Don't ever use a
> series 60 Nokia, because you'll never want to give it up!

You mean something from hmm I dont't know....like Cingular?............(LOL)

Me
--
"..........Most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 3:38:05 AM

It doesn't matter...GSM is GSM. Cingular isn't the only carrier that uses
GSM. An unlocked GSM phone can go places easily.

!