Ps3 error 80023121

spencer3035

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011

dude some hackers hacked psn a few days ago (thursday first day i noticed) so you cant create an account or sign in to an existing account its affecting everyone that wants to sigh up or in.... THIS SUCKS!

disendant

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Group of people called the Anonymous overloaded the servers by sending multiple scripts to the PSN servers.
They mentioned they will be re-building the servers to increase security.

Nexusflame

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Anonymous had absolutely nothing to do with it. Why you guys don't keep up with the news is beyond me. Anon has bigger fish to fry than Sony atm.. they're busy working on New Zealand which came up BEFORE Sony's network went down. The problem is.. that someone hacked in and started stealing account information which prompted Sony to immediately shut down their servers and revamp them. They weren't DDOS'd. The outage is specifically Sony's doing.

Nexusflame

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011

The outage is because Sony took down their servers. Granted someone (and no it wasn't Anonymous) hit them.. but they weren't DDOS'd it was an attempt to get at user information from their servers. In response Sony immediately shut down their network and are currently rebuilding it to be more secure. That is what the problem is.

RandomUsername

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Yep, Sony got hit by the internet.

Anonymous said it wasn't them, and I have a really good reason to believe them, because they've admitted to attacking websites and servers before, and this time they denied it.

Nexusflame

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011

Of course. Anonymous takes pride in their fight against internet and information freedom. They stated before they have absolutely on reason to go after Sony's gaming network because it hurts the players more than it does the company. There's plenty of information out there about the issues but yet people don't seem to want to do any research. Instead they want to come on our irc servers and bitch and moan to us about PSN being down. If they took a minute to actually think for themselves they'd have absolutely no reason to come crying to us.

TRENDING THREADS