Video Settings not saved on Reboot

ezbeta

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
Hi need some help
I am using ME and when I change display settings they are not saved when I reboot the machine.
Is there a fix for this
thanks
Jamie

Hi need some help
I am using ME and when I change display settings they are not saved when I reboot the machine.
Is there a fix for this
thanks
Jamie

Jamie, Have you considered upgrading your Operating System to either Win2K or WinXP, that time is fast approaching you anyway.

WinME really was Microsofts problem child Operating System, that they should have never released in the first place.

9 times out of 10 the solid solution to your problem is to back up all your important data and reinstall WinME from scratch, all the 9X OP/SYS get bloated after they run for a while and a reinstall usually will amaze you at the performance gains.

Someone may pop in here to try and prove me wrong and give you a temporary fix to the problem, but it will be like putting a Band Aid on a large wound, you will eventually reinstall the OP/SYS anyway.

I reccommend stepping up to a newer Operating System period. Ryan

ezbeta

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
This was actually a clean install from the IBM Recovery CD. My client didnt want to upgrade the O/S.

Jamie

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
Look, ME is OK, especially if you get it for free :), if you disable all the bloat.

I have no more crashes and runs as stable as 98SE.

Format and reinstal, then export a reg file after all setup complete.

Watch out for some programs such as Norton, some versions cause problems.

<font color=red>DCB</font color=red><font color=white>_</font color=white><font color=blue>AU</font color=blue>