Found 3 MSI K7 Master (MS-6341) Motherboards!

chrisojeda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
First let me say I have found 3 of these motherboards. I must decide if I buy them by tomorrow at 3 PM PST. Otherwise they sell them to someone else.

So I have been hunting around for the MSI K7-Master for some time now. According to MSI they will product this board. I don't know if I believe that because that was what I got from sales and marketing. They did put me in touch with some distributors who put me in touch with retailers. Everywhere in the chain are indications that the board does exist (not just vaporware). Though the quantities are hardly product. The latest that I got from the people holding that least of these boards for sale on earth to my knowledge is that MSI just sent them a tiny shipment. My take was the shipment was insignificant to nomral quantities that they get from MSI with other boards.

So why am I undecided. For starters, they want $192 per motherboard. I am planning on buying two. Considering that the MSI K7T 266 goes for $144 on price watch that is a difference of $48 per board. If it might be possible that later on I can get this board when it supposedly becomes avialable then I wasted $48 on each of the game machines that I am building. My niece says that is a lot of candy, my brother says that is a lot of arcade tokens, and my neighbor says that is at least one good lap dance.

The only other concern is despite the negative press on the VIA KT266 boards I think they have a chance to become the permiere AMD DDR chipset. The via KT133A rocks but it sucked on release. So now I am wondering if after I spend all this extra $ if in the end I will have buyers remorse. The VIA does have the V-Link which is supposed to make a difference. Honestly though I think if VIA made their KT266 only support DDR they would have kicked ass. The support for PC133 is what I believe is causing some of the latency.

Finally, since this motherboard barely exists what is it's future. I mean will get the support that VIA KT266 motherboards do? Probably not. There is a lot improvement left in revising a BIOS.

Well....I am open to suggestions.

It worked yesterday! :lol:

G

Is it the one with the scsi onboard???I want one!!!!where???

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you want a nice easy to find motherboard with the SUPERIOR AMD 760 northbridge, get the A7M266 from Asus, and skip low production units that risk reduced support.

Suicide is painless...........

OzzieBloke

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2001
ASUS and support in the same sentence, particularly recently? You're kidding, right?

Australian PMs are like steer horns; a point here, a point there, & a heap of bull in the middle.

G

If people are interested, I have found a few places right now where you can get the K7 Master. But no one has the scsi model yet. I am dealing with a firm in Canada that says they can get me one by next week though.

G

Be careful with this board as to what version it is. The version 1.0 board only has a 200MHz bus, while the version 1.1 has 266MHz. I found a Canadian supplier that had the K7 Master as well, but when I inquired, it was the Version 1.0 board.

Wayne

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
Yeah, and here's a change for the worse (that came about between Ver 1.0 and 1.1).

When it was first released (Ver 1.0), it had 4 DIMM slots which could be populated with 2 Unbuffered or 4 Registered DDR DIMMS. Now, Ver 1.1 comes with only 2 DIMM slots (like all of the other 'AMD760 chipset' boards)!