What are some comp. games I can run?

Anctoh

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
I just got a new computer, and was wandering what kind of games it could run.
I have tried Fallout 2 and Elderscrolls III: Morrowind, both with no problems, no lag.
Are there any games my comp could run? I don't like Racing games, or puzzlers. Other then that, I'm open to any game you guys can recommend.

My computer is a Compaq Presario CQ62 my specs are:

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @2.20GHz 2.19 GHZ
Installed Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
System Type: 64-Bit Operating System

All help is appreciated! :bounce: :pt1cable: :na:

you bumped after 8 minutes.. you need to give us more time than that. consider that it *was* a holiday weekend.

that said...

the model with the amd single core processor?
does it have a dedicated video card? ver?
running windows 7? or other?

overall i'd say that the machine is very low on the performance scale so you shouldn't be to hopefull when it comes to new games. older games should run fine.

you could look into some oldies that i used to run on my single core ...

half life (FPS)
aliens vs predators 2 (FPS)
unreal tournament 99 GOTY (FPS)
unreal tournament 2003 (FPS)
starcraft (RTS)
warcraft (RTS)
total annihilation (RTS)
guild wars (MMORPG)

there are many older games at are still fun to play and some even have visuals that aren't half bad considering the lower requirements. if you are unsure just check the back of the box for the minimum requirements.

Anctoh

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
SOrry about the bump :lol:

Anyway, I'm running on Windows 7
I'm almost positive It has a Dedicated Video Card
I didn't understand the First question ^.^

I'm definetely not expecting much. I think that Morrowind is my max on this, but I'm not quite sure.

I don't know much about this computer tbh.. :pfff:

I'll try some of those out though, Thanks!

if you don't know much about internal hardware then just give us the number that comes after the dash in the model number. ie CQ62-XXXX, what is xxxx? this will indicate your exact specs.

i would suspect that it is the single core, integrated sound & video. which means that you're on the low-low range of the gaming spectrum but a few years ago when the games i listed were made such technology was readily available so they should run fine. you might not get maximum quality on a few but nonetheless they should run.

Carc369

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
type in dxdiag in the run command in your start menu.

If you don't have the run command in your start menu:

1. Click the start menu, right click on a blank area and select properties.
2. Make sure you are in the "start menu" tab
3. Click "customize"
4. Make sure the "run command" box is checked.
5. Press ok and then your run command should be in your start menu.

copy/paste the specs from the first and second tab which are system and display. That will have all the info needed to help you out with your question.

movegas1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
I run Second Life which is a free game that is amazing. It ranges from ww2-modern/futuristic FPS which also allows me to use tanks airplanes and build those own airplanes from scratch if i so choose using in world tools or tools like adobe photoshop and blender- too Pirates sims utilizing ships you build or purchase or get on someones crew (as large as galeons- as small as row boats) too just chatting with other people in a club or cowboys and indians. The content is too large to name and it runs well on my cq62-219wm. I did upgrade too 8 gigs of ram though which i did myself with no prior experience, cost about $50 for 2 4gig DDR3 sticks. But then again i also like to surf the web while killing nazis and listening to music from pandora :p

movegas1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Note* it may be free and there are many many many free items- it does cost money to buy certian items using real currency. The exchange rate is like 1,000-1 so a c-47 airborne plane will cost you a few cents when its all said and done. My opinion- in terms of content a volume of other people- it makes WoW look like mario bros :p You'd have to try it to find out. It can be addicting. google it :)

movegas1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

Its deff, a Cq62 219wm, has all the same features as mine. the model number on it is located inside the battery slot on the computer itself