Shift 2 (Triple Monitors / Eyefinity / Surround) [~4K] Video

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
This one is my first 15 and a half minutes, also if your monitors width is larger then 1920 pixels and you have lots of bandwidth, set the quality to original and play the video in full screen for a much higher quality.

Direct Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3MBHM2ZZmw
Channel Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/n11skid

Copy paste of video description:
Need for Speed: Shift 2 on the PC, Original resolution was 5040x1050 aspect ratio of (48:10). If you are running a resolution with a width higher then 1920 (30'' monitor or multi monitor) set quality to original and view in fullscreen.

The video is from game launch, though purchasing a car, upgrading, painting and one race and replay, 15 and a half minutes in total, race starts at 6:50. I've also put my usual annotations about how the game preforms with three screen, my thoughts etc and opinions on the game.

thanx for the effort as that realldoes show off the game. but the game itself is pants. looks good but its like driving a brick on ice or at the other extreme a brick on railway tracks...
gfx wise its a gt5 killer but gameplay its not even as good as forza.

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Car handling changes allot between the cars, the worse case examples are some of the Retro cars, if you engine swap them and fully upgrade them they are damn hard to control. Other cars, like the 4WD Lamborghini in that video, when fully upgraded have a crap load of grip, so you can really throw them into the corners.

Two things you just about absolutely can't do in any car, slamming your foot break while turning, or slamming your foot on the accelerator while turning hard. Also, I find drifting almost impossible with my wheel.

Looks cool, I'm really on the fence on whether to go eyefinity and just what set up to use. I have a 1080p right now and it's fine, but I don't have the GPU power to really push 1080x3. I was thinking of going with 1680x1050 but turning them sideways, so 3150x1680 instead of 5040x1050. I guess for racing games the wider screen is a lot better, and I do play racing games, but for FPS games it might be a lot more immersive to have that extra vertical.

As for the game itself, I love the sound and visuals but I just don't like the handling. I prefer Gran Turismo 5 lately, but for something a little more 'arcadey' I really liked Racedriver: GRID. It walked the fine line between too real/hard and too arcadey/easy just right IMO. I also play F1 2010 and I've beat Dirt and Dirt 2... can't wait for Dirt 3 and some gymkhana action :D

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
HEXiT something some people found, controls that seem like they have large dead zones or are overly sensitive, rebind the action in the control page, worked with me pedals that seemed to have a 50% dead zone before I rebound them.

Yer GRID was a great racer, personally I have no really preference between more arcade games like the latest Hot Pursuit or more real games like Shift and GRID, so long as I can control the car, even if its hard, I enjoy them. But then when games are concerned I'm easily pleased ^^

System spec since I was asked:
Case: CoolMaster H.A.F. 932
PSU: Corsair Memory 1200AX PSU
Motherboard: EVGA ATX X58 SLi3
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 Step 2.66GHz @ 4.00GHz
RAM: 12GB (2x(3x2GB)) Corsair Dominator GT, DDR3 PC3-12800(1600) @ 1527MHz
Graphics: 3x Asus Radeon HD6950, Flashed and Clocked to 6970
HDD C: 500GB (1x Seagate 500GB SATA II 7200RPM) [OS/Programms]
HDD D: 1TB (2x Seagate 500GB SATA II 7200RPM) [Games]
HDD Z: 500GB (Seagate 500GB SATA II 7200RPG) [Files]
Displays: 3x Samsung SyncMaster 2043BW 20'' (1680x1050)
Mouse: Razer Naga
Keyboard: Logitech G19
Joystick: Saitek X52 Pro
Wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT

I need to reinstall my OS at some point, having some issues with it and a reinstall would do it the world of good.